1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

The Business Show 2015

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Toastking, Dec 2, 2015.

Toastking

Toastking Trainee Lab Tech

Is anyone going? Its at Kensington Olympia, London on 3/4th of December!

I shall be there with my new company JivJav, who I represent as Business Development Manager. Essentially I am building my own sales team and I am attending to learn some things, speak to lots of people and get used to networking before a push to presenting and speaking at events in 2016.

Would be good to meet some of you if you are attending either day.

Leo Hodgkins

Leo Hodgkins Freshman

Unfortunately not. We were going to exhibit there this year, but with contracts we've got going, we couldn't make it work.

Hope its a good one!

Toastking likes this.
    Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Hi Toast - how did it go? We couldn't get there but it's usually a good exhibition?

Toastking

Was really good actually, only actually spoke to 5-6 people but all were belters. Took quite a targeted approach to meeting certain people but think if I go next time I'll spread around more people as we'll be readier to network by then!

Some great speakers and only 1 was a horrendous make you think it's a cool message then knock everyone down with a sales pitch then tell them all how rubbish they are for not signing up... that actually happened and quite a big company so I won't share the name!

Would recommend it, unless something drastic happens I can imagine I'll attend a few like that a year.

John Pegram likes this.
    BarneyBlue23

BarneyBlue23 Trainee Lab Tech

Sounds like it was def worth it for you Toastking. I think networking is going to be big on our agenda next year.

Toastking likes this.
    Toastking

What business are you in Barney?

We are only really pushing on the buyers side in January onwards, so it'll be more and more important as we move forward in establishing our place. I'm keen to do more of it and a bit of speaking etc. I also plan to do a bit of a side hack (hobby business) which will involve podcasting so it'll be important to be able to pitch and explain my opinions, experiments or questions in a succinct way.

John Pegram

John Pegram Freelance IT nerd

I used to work for the company that run the business show in a past life. They are a nice bunch and have grown from strength to strength. I was going to go this year but couldn't make it. Will hopefully make the show next year.

Toastking likes this.
    Toastking

With everyone that posted here, maybe we should all arrange to have a quick meet up and half hour chat at the next one? I'll let you know when I have the date but I think its in May and would be cool to see if any of us could help each other or at the very least, have a bit of a chat about the forums!

UKBL-Admin likes this.
    UKBL-Admin

UKBL-Admin Administrator Staff Member

That sounds awesome.
    I'd love to meet some of y'all!
    V

Toastking likes this.