1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

SEO and advertising

Discussion in 'SEO, Social Media & Web Marketing' started by customlogoshop, Jan 18, 2012.

customlogoshop

customlogoshop Applicant

Hi

I know I posted about Google Adwords but having second thoughts about wasting money.

Any cheap and effective ways of advertising other than Social?

I don't have a big budget either, as low as possible :)

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

I suppose 'cheap' depends on your budget and your point of view on value. :)

IGM_Computers

IGM_Computers Graduate

Google AdWords is a proper rip off. Get a professional website made (if you haven't done so already) and work on building up the back links with articles, your own blog, stuff like that.

Azolla

Azolla Freshman

I think Google Adwords is a good tool when you use it properly and you practice and tinker with it a bit before spending to much.
    You can test it with small amounts to start with until you are seeing worthwhile returns.
    I use it and we get very good returns on our investment - not as good as organic SEO perhaps but is is very measurable and targeted.

MASSEY

MASSEY Trainee Lab Tech

I can never understand people who go into business and plan to wing it on free advertising. I would rather be employed.... Why not get a job save some money and then set up? Working for someone else probably pays better than the results from free advertising.

Alard

Alard Applicant

I don't know if I understand you correctly, you want to advertise your business but you are on budget? Have you tried SEO, but it is still expensive unless you know how to do it yourself.

SDevlin1

SDevlin1 Applicant

I don't think there is a quick fix for creating a successful web page and I don't think you can do it on a budget, you get what you pay for within the industry. I would also suggest learning everything you can about web page management because there is a ton of great resources on the web, all for free! That's within everyone's budget.

Businessoftheday

Businessoftheday Applicant

Take a look at Businessoftheday.co.uk

coretiummedia

coretiummedia Applicant

SEO can be a great tool and in the long run will beat Adwords if it is done properly. As for Adwords you may get traffic to a site but it needs to be for a purpose, great for discounts on services as it gives people a singular reason to click, rather than just telling people you are out there.

With everything in life there is no such thing as a free lunch, paying for something will gain you more than free, that is not to say that the free should not be ignored, Yell directories are free to list on and can generate traffic to a site without costing anything.

ads'ere

ads'ere Applicant

SatWorldwide

SatWorldwide Graduate

Organic SEO will always be most people's best option. However depending on what your industry is and your site of course will depend on how many hits you are going to get from natural rankings. Adwords can play a part in your marketing solution, but should only be used as a top up and not to be your main hit source. Organic is the best way long term

coretiummedia

coretiummedia Applicant

Best way to get some counts is to go to Google Adwords, they have a tool for assessing the possible traffic for phrases, great for finding the niche key words and building from there. More than happy to help if you need it.

stevebell84

stevebell84 Applicant

Google Adwords is a good method for traffic however free traffic is even better. SEO is a good clean free way and worth the time and effort. However if you would like some free paid per click advertising follow this link - [Aff] free ppc

Hope this helps, i only use SEO, Socail Networking, PPC and free PPC