1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Changing my occupation

Discussion in 'General Business Talk' started by James Coakes, Nov 12, 2011.

James Coakes

James Coakes Freshman

For more than 20 years I've been strongly associated with team building. I've now moved on to a new business of helping people write business plans.

The way things are these days it seems that your association with what you do is deeper than ever. I have numerous forums to correct, links for the former business that will be lost and new links to create. There's no solution, I just have to do it.

Has anyone else been on this particular journey before?

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

I've not been there myself but I can appreciate that even a small change in URL and/or email address can have a massive knock-on effect on things if you're widely spread - and admin increases ten-fold. No wonder they call it the web!

What made you change tack? :)

James Coakes

James Coakes Freshman

Long story, I need some advice from you actually so I'll give you a call at some point. Suffice to say that I'm on phase two of my entrepreneurial journey.

Kanzi Marketing

Kanzi Marketing Applicant

Oh yes, been there, done that. Sometimes I find links with my details on that are 10 years old, and some links are impossible to delete.

I sympathise. This time, create a separate email folder for all the websites and networking sites you register with: if you need to make a change in the future, you know where to find all your details.

Can you utilize the fact that you had a former career as a successful team building strategist in your new business? That way, if people discover old links, they know about your past experience already.

Angie

Azolla

Azolla Freshman

We had a change of company name recently and this does cause it's problems. Hopefully I can trace most of the listings and directory entries,etc but I know I won't get them all.
    Juggling a few different email addresses is a pain but hopefully everyone will start using the new one soon!