1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Local Business Maps Listing

Published by MASSEY in the blog MASSEY's blog. Views: 630

A few years ago i used to dominate google places listings in my city. Whether someone was after an electrician in West Bromwich, a plumber in Solihull or a kitchen fitter in Birmingham, my google places listing would show up at the very top of google maps.

For some strange reason i lost all of that. My map vanished.

I lost interest in it then. I knew how to optimise a map so that it ranked well but for some peculiar reason my map vanished and my business enquiries diminished.

After ranting on the google forums today, https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/business/need-advice/BVquIR17fuQ i suddenly realised that maps has evolved a little. It is now possible to enter longer introductions about your business and it's easier to update the mini blog and add links, bold numbers and add pictures.

I moved the business address from a house in Great Barr to a flat in Smethwick which i use as the head office address. This means that a lot of the citations for the previous business listings i entered are wrong, and will now seek to change these and update or add new business listings to correct the now out of date information.

I've just had a new logo made for C&N Property Solutions and i've been updating the website slowly.

I have a custom URL for my maps listing now, i had to add the word Birmingham to the end of the maps listing because my google plus for business had taken the URL suggested. https://plus.google.com/b/112778144462022838861/+CandnpropertysolutionsCoUkBirmingham/

I'm going to upload some logos and try and get some reviews on my C and N Property Solutions map listing and monitor the results.
  • OSWS
  • Francesca Sparagna
You need to be logged in to comment