1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Your opinion please :)

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by JAROSLAW WOLAK, Jan 2, 2013.

JAROSLAW WOLAK

JAROSLAW WOLAK Freshman

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask you to have a look at my website and share your opinion with me.

My goals:

1)Promote effectively with adwords PPC until the natural serp positions will be sufficient - number 1;) So,if someone has an experience with landing pages, PPC or anything related - all advice is welcome:)

2)Develop good Serp results over the period of 6 months to be able to reduce the costs of PPC. If you would have any pointers on the structure or onsite seo this would be a huge benefit:)

3)Trust - would you trust this company if the price would be within your budget?

4)Conversion - would you use the form or click back?

Some additional details:
    •What stage of development is your site at?
    This is a fresh Wordpress blog/business website putted together by me over the last week. I'm still working on it but I can use a pair of fresh eyes to spot the obvious;)

• What market and/or demographic is the site is aimed at?
    London Removals - middle of the market (price range)

• Is it hosted in the UK, US or elsewhere?
    Hosted with guys from Vidahost

• Is there any particular area you want critique on?
    Landing pages for PPC - in relation to lower cost per click
    Conversion (would you use the form?)

• Should we concentrate on your copy, your layout, your graphics or your SEO?
    Welcome all constructive criticism

This is the link: www.loparemovals.co.uk

Thank you for your time.:)

Regards,
    Jaroslaw

ROiBOT

ROiBOT Graduate

Well, by magic, it improves massively, since my post an hour ago that disappeared.

Did you have the old site up?

Footer widgets need to get sorted, maybe the T&Cs & Privacy polict down there (currently reading left widget - right widget etc)

JAROSLAW WOLAK

JAROSLAW WOLAK Freshman

You see, I'm a quick learner:) just need to pay more attention to url's.

Footer will be used for the "latest article", category and as you suggested T&C + privacy policy.

Thank you.

ROiBOT

ROiBOT Graduate

A the theme is licensed under GPL, there is nothing stopping you editing the footer.php and removing the theme link (it just looks slightly amateurish having 'theme by')

I hope you are going to keep lopa.co.uk domain name too!

JAROSLAW WOLAK

JAROSLAW WOLAK Freshman

Somehow I can't remove the link from the footer, must be something in the code which crash the theme when the link is not there.

The lopa.co.uk is still up - this is the site you have seen first:) (different market and kw's) and need some more work:)

SunshineWebDesign

SunshineWebDesign Applicant

Hi (Thanks for approval Mark!)

I'm going to have a look at this in detail, but for now I have noticed the following:

Should be something like:
    or even better:
    More soon!

JAROSLAW WOLAK

JAROSLAW WOLAK Freshman

Nice one, waiting for more:)

ping

ping Senior Lab Tech

That theme is years old.
    The footer link is probably BASE64 encoded (which is against the GPL license) so you'll probably have to find out where it starts/ ends in the footer and manually take it out.

SunshineWebDesign

The main header and Facebook image (mainly the actual 'Facebook' word) are slightly poor quality.

The rollover image for your 'home' link is square where your static image is rounded - probably something to take up with the theme provider. Also, if you paid for the theme, it should be no problem to remove the link in the footer.

There are a few minor grammatical changes you may want to make to the copy but generally the site looks good, there are lots of 'calls to action' and it is well presented.

Regarding 'Trust' - It may be worth having some testimonials on the site. Have some customers who enjoy your service write about how good you are 'would use them again' is gold if you can get it. Don't be afraid to ask either - most will be happy to help if they are happy with the service you gave them.

For SEO - may I suggest searching the plugin directory for 'Yoast SEO' - it gives great guidance on how to write good content and is quite easy to use.

Hope that's some help and all the best with your venture!!

Kris

SunshineWebDesign

Still not perfect but a little less compressed:

Impact is a difficult font as the lines are close together. Shout if you want help with a logo.
    [​IMG]

JAROSLAW WOLAK

JAROSLAW WOLAK Freshman

Good morning,

Thank you for the input:)

@PointandStare - I have tried that but maybe I'm not to good with the code. I will look into it again. Possibly there is a plugin that helps with situations like this. I will research and let you know

@Kris - thank you for the logo may I ask how you have achieved such an effect? In terms of a template, this was a free template and the support on it is not the most responsive:) All the changes I have done myself playing with the code using a "hit and miss" tactics or rather "cut, copy, paste and see what happened:)"

SunshineWebDesign

I use Photoshop to mess about with images. In the text settings, I just change the font style from 'smooth' to 'crisp'.

Don't worry about using 'hit and miss' tactics - it's the best way to learn! Change something and see if it works!! One thing to remember, BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP!

JAROSLAW WOLAK likes this.
    ping

ping Senior Lab Tech

You get what you pay for.
    ;)

sjr4x4

sjr4x4 Graduate Premium Member

Ok, 1 word... spelling!!!

[​IMG]

:eek:

JAROSLAW WOLAK

JAROSLAW WOLAK Freshman

Thank you, i'm looking at this website and looking and more I look less I see:) sometimes my fingers are faster then my eyes:) This is for tomorrows to do list then.

sjr4x4 likes this.