1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Would you shop a drink driver for £1000?

Discussion in '2 & 4 Wheels' started by Mark, Dec 16, 2013.

An Oasis

An Oasis Graduate

With you there Paul.

You know the latest bit of crass stupidity which local authorities are rolling out with abandon. The cyclist death grid, situated as a block at junctions with traffic lights, located in front of the rest of the traffic - you can't imagine anything more idiotic (but then this is the public sector), so that the cyclists can get off in front of other road users...gimme a break, which numb nuts came up with that bit of idiocy and then what kind of moron thinks it's a good idea to replicate.

You have to wonder what kind of idiots are employed in the public sector.

ISS likes this.
    ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

Actually no. I don't.

Good post by the way mate.

An Oasis

An Oasis Graduate

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

I can top that. Here in Gateshead there is a stretch of bus lane that is less than 100 yards long. I doubt it cost much to put there, but it certainly creates some traffic chaos! At the end of the short distance traffic must then cross in front of the buses/cabs etc to get into place to carry out a left turn. It is carnage, tooting and fun to watch. The design output of someone who has never driven, I suspect!

ISS

Hey Paul, they need to keep the traffic moving in Gateshead, otherwise the wheels would be nicked :)

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

Hey, here they take the pavements in at night to prevent theft.

blpsams

blpsams Graduate

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Can anyone else envision dole scumbags spiking their granny's drink and picking up their 'reward'?

With the amount of headlines dedicated to the horrors of driving drunk, I'd bet most people would report it for free. Same with texting.

ISS

Ahh young padawan, you learn well the arts of dry rancour.

Pleased I am with your progress. :p

captaincloser

captaincloser View from the Crow's nest

As a pedestrian I was today confronted by a woman turning right just past me to sneak into a car park just before a speeding car coming the other way and myself as a pedestrian. She missed me by centimetres. She had a fag in one hand on the wheel and a phone in the other hand against her ear. She looked like she was on amphetamines at the very least. I reported her and sincerely hope she was picked up in the car park. Everyone should do the same.

leemason

leemason Senior Lab Tech

But you didn't do it because of the prospect of a £1000.00 fine?

captaincloser

captaincloser View from the Crow's nest

Err..sorry no. I did it because in my twisted way I felt I wanted to see her thrown in jail. Cars are lethal weapons and this woman was driving whilst holding a fag in one hand on the wheel and had the other hand pressing a phone to her ear. Forgive me lord but even if she has a family of 8 I would like her locked up for long enough to reconsider her suitability to be on the road in a vehicle.