1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Why do you have a website?

Discussion in 'Business Planning' started by Gwebb, Dec 9, 2015.

Gwebb

Gwebb Wise Guy simplifies,

I'd be really interested to find out why you have a website?

Sometimes it's obvious - for example an ecommerce site for sales, but for the rest of us why do you have a website and could you operate business without it?

jaidadi@123

jaidadi@123 Applicant

we use website so as to run our business on large scale and earn more through internet marketing
    and to get new ideas through it.

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

.....because if you aren't on the web you don't exist.

Also I'm a control freak and I don't want twitterfaceinstasnaplinktindrpintergrindrgooglysociallyuselessmedia shoe horning me into their once size fits all approach.

Yes I could run my business without it but like a pen, a lap top, paperclips and a phone it's useful and as the rest of the world catches up it will become essential.

Birmingham_Roofcare likes this.
    NepalB2B

NepalB2B Nepalese Business Directory

It will enable to keep customers informed..

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

I suspect that if we did not have a website we would suffer major loss of credibility. And, people do look at it from time to time!

James Baldock

James Baldock Freshman

I agree with Paul. Just like tradesmen that only have a mobile number on their van or business card, a company without a web site always rings alarm bells with me.

Birmingham_Roofcare likes this.
    BarneyBlue23

BarneyBlue23 Trainee Lab Tech

Agree with both Paul and James - to be thought of as a credible company these days a website is quite necessary. If only for your contact details.

epat

epat Freshman

I have one because as others have pointed out people expect companies to have one.
    Back in the early days of the net, I had a site, and back then most people had not a clue about the internet or even computers, now when a site is not needed (at this stage) I need one simply because people are brainwashed into thinking one is required.
    Worse HMRC seems to want me to have facebook/twitter etc - something I really, really did not want anything to do with, but needs must.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Because it's 2015 (still) and it's just not acceptable to not have one if you have a business

Fast Unsecured

Fast Unsecured Applicant

Website is a mirror of a company.If you have a company and a company website.I need not to go to your company office to collect information.I have collect it from your website. It.It will save my time and money.so i think every company need a website.

ElinaMatts

ElinaMatts Freshman

Because, your business website is the best way to represent your business, services, features, products easily. Everyone is using the internet and you can easily promote your business through internet.

Marketing Quotes

Marketing Quotes Freshman

Positioning, lead generation, selling, building a relationship with clients and a piece in managing expectations throughout the whole business relationship.

appkodes

appkodes Freshman

having website will make connect with more people, where they can get knowledge about our product and about our recent activities also.

jeffnev

jeffnev Graduate

A website is essential to uphold a professional reputation for a business. This being said however, I've noticed many businesses that exist solely on social media and manage just fine, despite the assumptions one may make about their credibility. All in all, I think it largely depends on the individual case.

harryvent

harryvent Freshman

Convey what you are doing in business, what type of services provide for customers, increase more traffic through websites, leads increasing and business level also increasing.

Krystsina

Krystsina Freshman

Hi Gwebb,

we have a family restaurant business in Europe. We work for half a year, and we don't have a website at all. Our audience is young professionals and foodies, so for us it is enough of our social media presence. We are doing quite well, so I wouldn't say that having a website is a must nowadays.

chetan_kamble

chetan_kamble Business Plan Consultant

Having a website is like having a presence.
    You have a business and you want prospective costumer to know about it, that's why you need a website.
    it's just a way for you to show individuals around you, searching for what your business provide, that you are present, and as a bonus you can use it as marketing platform as well as get costumers feedback.

Tom Swanson

Tom Swanson Applicant

We are living in a digital era, so if you want to be competitive it today's market, you must "exist" in it. It is not necessary to have big website, you may create a smaller one, tracking your projects and work.

WorkPlace HR

WorkPlace HR Applicant

If you have a business and don’t have a website, you are losing out on great opportunities for your business. Your website and social media accounts are accessible 24/7/365 therefore details about your business is available permanently even when the office is closed. Bottom line is: it is imperative for every business to have a website. The more professional your website is, the more advantages you can gain.

AimeeHoward

AimeeHoward Applicant

Having a website is a must: it helps you establish connections easily with your customers, keep them informed with all the updates, make successful marketing moves, establish partnerships easily (because feedback is easier), sell more of your products (if any offered) etc...