1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Who is using mobile marketing?

Discussion in 'Public Relations & Press Releases' started by yourareasolutions, Apr 21, 2011.

yourareasolutions

yourareasolutions Freshman

We are just curious to see how many businesses are actually using mobile marketing in their business.

As you know it is massive as most people do have a mobile, but its strange to see that not many companies are using, mobile marketing and we want to know either why you are or why you are not so it can help us sell it to more of our prospect!

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

How does it work? I can't see anyone signing up to it. :think:

Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

Our paperless office system allows us to use SMS messages for just about anything so I suppose I could turn it to marketing. We just use it for normal contact purposes at the moment.

yourareasolutions

How it works for example Mark - imagine if you are a restaurant and you have really quiet periods in the middle of the week i.e Tuesday & Wednesday what you could easily do is send a txt message to your customers letting them know of an offer - maybe 10% off or free dessert etc, and it will easily get you more customers for them 2 days.

Hope that example makes sense?

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Oh yes, I see now - niche interest sign-up. I don't think 'cold' marketing would work though. :)

yourareasolutions

More for current customers to keep them coming back and telling others

Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

In that case, the way we are doing it is just right :)

yourareasolutions

It working well for you then Ray?

Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

It is really useful. SMS's are sent from within the paperless office so typed/copied like a normal document and then sent. It certainly helps to keep us high in clients minds by using their mobiles in this way and no-one knew (until now) that the texts are not completely personal :D

yourareasolutions

But the reason why it works is because they optin for news on for example there favourite restaurant, or favourite cinema etc, just like if you opt in to get emails this is no differ - just that SMS has a higher opening rate.

edd_smith

edd_smith Applicant

Mobile marketing and content is HUGE and people getting on board early are seeking the benefits. Most big brands now have a mobile marketing strategy. A few highstreet brands with particularly successful mobile marketing that spring to mind include Next and M&S

yourareasolutions

Its very true Edd, then you have guys like Pizza hut and Domino's who remind you of there offers. There not stupid they don't send out a text everyday, or every week because then people will not respond. Its all about how you come across to your audience.

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

Papa Johns send out a text at least once a week. I assure you some of these companies are very stupid!

[HRD]-Gareth

[HRD]-Gareth Graduate Premium Member

I do not think I would ever use sms to send marketing. I know how p****d off I get if I receive marketing SMS's.

One thing I am looking at is sending an sms to clients on a particular server/network informing them of any network issues, and another one when it is resolved (I like to keep my clients informed).

yourareasolutions

The thing is DoingMyBooks, you have to ask to get the txts sent to you, and you can always opt out

yourareasolutions

Good example of mobile marketing wroking guys:

benzinga.com/press-releases/11/05/p1099448/philly-pizza-restaurant-rolling-in-the-dough-with-text-message-marketing

PromoPigeon

PromoPigeon Applicant

Mobile marketing is very big business in the UK at the moment and still growing at an exceptional rate. There are numerous advantages for SMS marketing and it can be used in many industries from Nightclubs, Restaurants, Sports Clubs, Healthcare and much much more.

With the current economic climate consumers are actively seeking deals and discounts. As previously mentioned in this thread you have to opt-in by texting a keyword to a shortcode number such as COUPONS to 12345. You can always opt-out if you receive too many messages from the business.

Say you run a garage and you do MOT's why not send out an SMS to your customer reminding them that their MOT is due. Or you are a dentist sending a text message to your client reminding them of their appointment in a couple of days, if they have something else on and can't make it they can phone to reschedule. It's better than a no show if they forget.

Retailers are using SMS and MMS messaging to send out mobile coupons to their subscribers, where they can then be redeemed in-store from their mobile phones.

These days SMS messages are cheap and can be sent out for as little as £0.029p - £0.10p, MMS messages are a little more expensive at around £0.24p - £0.40p and can include video and audio files.

SMS marketing has an open and read rate of over 90%, not many other marketing channels can say that. So it's a marketing channel well worth looking into.

marketingmobile

marketingmobile Applicant

Here is a quick video, which I found really useful and helpful about mobile marketing. Its the Seven Deadly Sins of Mobile Marketing, and there is some other helpful stuff on their site as well. tinyurl.com/pqbsy3z

dadsan

dadsan Applicant

Its really useful and i think mobile marketing cover the broad area to achieve your target successfully.Mostly business used mobile marketing by sending a message to your customer. SMS marketing has an open and read rate of over 90%, not many other marketing channels can say that.You can always opt-out if you receive too many messages from the business.

Bulkness

Bulkness Applicant

We can make conclusions due to our clients' experience. Bulkness provides various types of bulk sms, including promotional sms. Promotional sms help to inform clients about product news. Usually, it results in more customer engagement into company's offers.