1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Who is selling on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook Users' started by Maevla, Jun 5, 2015.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

So I'm interested to see who has dived in and been selling on the local face book selling pages?
    Is it working for you?
    Do you feel safe selling?
    Have you had any bad experiences?
    Would it make you leave eBay or Amazon for example to sell?

sarastones

sarastones Freshman

Hi Maevla -what an interesting name! I sell on Facebook quite often we've just moved house so are getting rid of our clutter and I find it the fastest, simplest way to sell you post someone responds they pick up, you get paid! Voila easy as that! I wouldn't leave eBay for Facebook though as you often find everyone wants something for nothing on Facebook, for higher priced items I have much better luck on eBay and I don't get the hassle of 20 people inboxing me offers of less than half of what I've asked for! For cheap furniture and other household or electrical items its fab I'm not sure how well you would do business wise though! I would say as its free you've got nothing to lose if you don't sell so if I was selling on eBay and amazon I'd have it aswell as rather than instead of. Have you got any experience of it?

BarneyBlue23

BarneyBlue23 Trainee Lab Tech

I've never actually tried to sell anything on face book but a friend of mine told me over the weekend he had just bought an ipad off somebody on his local selling selling site for a bargain price.

I was a bit dubious at first, but then it got me thinking, what do we do before eBay? We bought from an ad in the paper, or from somebody in the pub, so why not from a post in a face book group. No silly eBay fees, ye you're not covered but if you see the thing and try it firorst, and it'a bargain, then why not.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

@sarastones - thanks

So I've found Facebook useful for getting rid of all the old stuff in my garden that would've gone on the tip - a pad of wire mesh and the metal roof we took off an outbuilding.
    Posted free to a good home in a Facebook group - was inundated with replies! No cost to me, somebody got what they wanted = perfect!

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

I've recently created a work Facebook account. I'm trying to develop and increase my contact list before attempting to sell through it.

Hopefully it will bring some success, who'd of thought it eh?

sarastones

sarastones Freshman

Good thinking Maevla, better than paying for a skip or taking it all to a local tip I suppose!

Maevla likes this.
    sarastones

sarastones Freshman

@BarneyBlue23 Very true before we had ebay protection we did exactly the same thing and I suppose we do the same when we go to a car boot or similar we just have to trust that it works and if it doesn't that's the chance you take - depending on the price I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to buy phones, Ipads etc on FB though just because I've seen so many negative posts about people buying them and the device being blocked or blacklisted a few days later because it was stolen in the first place! I think its all about judging how genuine the person is and asking too many questions!

AthoshTonk41

AthoshTonk41 Applicant

hi, i am glad to not answering your question. and thankful of this forum site.

Bonds John

Bonds John Freshman

Well I saw a lot of page owners that are selling their products over Facebook very successful.In fact I did shopping at Facebook & had a great experience with the shop.