1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Where it All Goes Wrong with Customer Services

Discussion in 'Public Relations & Press Releases' started by Mad Lab Rat, Jan 9, 2015.

Mad Lab Rat

Mad Lab Rat Mad Lab Rat

Today’s customers expect a more tailored and personalised experience, and are more demanding than ever before. And most companies mistakenly focus on “delighting” customers – attempting to exceed their expectations and create a spectacular and unforgettable experience – as the solution.

http://bit.ly/1scAaKg

How do you view customer service?

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

Completely agree with the more tailored and personalised experience.

For example, when you have a phone conversation with a customer service representative from the likes of Mobile Phone service providers and Banks etc, it all sounds so scripted. You can expect the same lines on each phone call, which makes you feel like just another number instead of a respected customer.

When I speak to my customers over the phone, I judge how they would like to be spoken to, if they call me mate, I'll call them mate, if they call me Sir, I'll call them Sir, and heaven forbid... If they like banter and swear, I'll swear back (not on bad terms). This is what creates good customer relationships as you're giving them an experience to be remember for the next time, plus you stand a much higher chance of repeat business.

I don't necessarily agree with the phrase 'the customer is always right'.... because that would be lying. I would much rather be honest with my opinions to help them, which before you know it will create trust. Blagging a sale with lies will only come back to bite you on the tushy!

One thing I personally have a habit of when speaking to customers on the phone is becoming animated and moving around the office, don't ask why.... But the amount of times I've finished a phone conversation and asked myself... 'why am I at my desk on my knees?' :cool:

UKBL-Admin likes this.
    John Pegram

John Pegram Freelance IT nerd

Customer service is essential to the success of any business and I totally agree the customer isn't always right, but it's essential to understand their view point and to build up relationships
    from my point of view. Being a human being as you said really helps things. nothing worse than feeling like your talking to a robot.

Jian Hawk

Jian Hawk Applicant

Businesses miss an important opportunity to improve customer loyalty and build valuable goodwill. It is exactly when things go wrong that customers are most sensitive about how they are treated, most likely to share their experiences with friends and colleagues and most likely to make lasting decisions about whether to bring their future business back to that company, or to its rival. Act correctly at this time and you can improve customer loyalty.

Boult93

Boult93 Freshman

Customer is always right. but some customers really annoy you for no reason