1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

What's your Company slogan?

Discussion in 'Public Relations, Marketing and Sales' started by Emma, May 20, 2009.

Emma

Emma Admin

What's your Company slogan (or strapline) and how did it come about?

trevorwood

trevorwood Trainee Lab Tech

For Redline Digital Services I have a general one of "Using technology for business advantage". I came up with it because I wanted to be different to other IT companies who would try and sell clients the latest technology whether they needed it or not.

When I do 1 minute presentations for our online backup service my tag line is "I haven't lost my mind... it's backed up online" (raises smiles and a few laughs every time) and for web development it's "Creating reality in a virtual world".

I'm still looking for a good one for Network Midlands. I wanted to use "Connecting people" but Nokia got there first:( - any suggestions welcome

AboveParr

AboveParr Freshman

Mine's "Virtually Everything Done For You"

My husband came up with it - because I'm "Virtual" and I can do "Virtually Everything" (in the office sense) due my mongrel-like career history!

aaronspromotions

aaronspromotions Applicant

our strapline is 'Effective Promotion That Lasts' which I think sums up our promotional gifts company quite well.

Gemini

Gemini Applicant

We do not cut corners - We clean them :), thanks to her indoors.

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Senior Lab Tech

Vision, passion, technology.

Because that is how we spread success

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

Is the spread success bit part of it or just a statement you're making about your slogan? It works either way I'm just interested!

Paul Norman

The spread success bit is really the reason for the slogan. It reflects the way we approach each new client challenge, whether in the field of technology, business advice, or training.

The concept is to begin with clarity, to proceed with energy and to harness modern technology where appropriate.

Hope that makes it clearer!

dawnjlane

dawnjlane Freshman

'secretarial services at the click of a mouse'

As a virtual assistant, working remotely from my clients, most of the work from them comes via the internet - either by email or by upload/download from secure online storage areas, hence the 'click of a mouse'

Dawn

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech

"Because Internet Marketing Is More Than Just Great Design"

Has been my strapline since 1994 and still holds true :)

(For about 2 days it was 'Because internet marketing is more than just graphic design' but all the graphic designers hassled me for it :) )

david64

david64 Freshman

I don't have one. Actions speak louder than words, straplines just tend to be marketing speak - doesn't mean anything.

Have people know your name because of what you do, not some stupid jingle.

Kasumi

Kasumi Guest

"Get noticed, Turn your site onto the web..."

matt.chatterley

matt.chatterley Web & Software Developer Premium Member

"Match your Requirements, Exceed your Expectations!"

Cheesy I know. It originally grew out of a pun on our company name (which is an amalgamation of the two owners names) combined with various attempts to write down our ethos - that software developers should produce software which meets the business requirements of the customer, but should produce output of excellent quality at the same time!

Phew. Long explanation there. I like it, anyway!

Paul Norman

For me, the logo and strapline is very important. We use them extensively internally to remind ourselves and staff of the reality that must back up the words. And we use them externally to communicate our business offering.

Of course, if the words do not become reality, they are just a stupid jingle.

But, loving this thread. And am impressed so many are able to vocalise their offering in this way.

Kay

Kay Senior Lab Tech Premium Member

Not Delia's current strapline is "For people who care about their food"

I was having a bit of a barney with my husband because he was very negative about me wanting to expand and develop the food and drink content on our expat website. He said it wasn't worth the effort to add such barely relevant articles. I was very keen to do some more food and drink stuff.

As the 'discussion' developed, I wanted to smack him over the head with a vase, but there wasn't one handy, so I took refuge by looking at domains. (Sad case!)

I'm not, and never have been, a Delia Smith fan, so I got the idea of NotDelia.com and co.uk and to my surprise they were available. The strap line was especially relevant at the time because Delia was taking a lot of flak about her frozen mashed potato recommendation.

The happy ending is that he burst out laughing at the NotDelia idea and we all lived happily ever after. (Until the next time.)

Kay

Kay Senior Lab Tech Premium Member

Thank you so much, Helen. I've had a lot of positive comments about the site, so maybe I'm thinking along the right lines. It's very encouraging.

Going back almost a decade, I bought two domains - one food related and the other expat related. I ended up doing the expat stuff and never even built a site on the foodie one, then let domain lapse. :rolleyes:

Only after all these years, I've finally returned to my first love. NotDelia is only 10 months old. I should've done this years ago!

OK, I'll try to get the thread back on topic...

I think straplines are important because first impressions count - and your strapline is your opportunity to make a first impression on the visitor to tell them what your site is about.

I Need A Typist

I Need A Typist Applicant

Mine is - 'Call us today and get underway to a happier, easier working day'

As a VA service it is meant to be a slightly cheery way of explaining that we can help make your day a little easier!

Don't know how I thought of it, it just came to me when I was doing the website!

Lisa

Lisa Hoare
    Welcome to 'I Need a Typist'
    0793 632 6177

B_Cal

B_Cal Graduate

David whilst I'd certainly agree that delivery is everything - without a strapline how to potential prospects succinctly know what it is you do ?

You might be the best provider of X, Y or Z - but unless I know quickly what you do, why would I choose to approach you in the first place ?

I'd even go as far as saying depending on what you do you could even use your passion for delivering results / a service as your strapline !

Gerry Brannigan

Gerry Brannigan Freshman

I have recently changed company name but have still to come up with a slogan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    david64

david64 Freshman

Good point. Yeah, maybe I should just put what I do rather than come up with something that doesn't really mean anything like "passionate about our client's rankings". Although, I'd rather have people know what I do when they come to my site, that way you don't have to tell them. These sort of people are more likely to convert and are preferable to general enquires that came via Google.