1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

What Mobile Phone Do You Use

Discussion in 'Technology, Communications and Gadgets' started by compuclean, Oct 9, 2008.

Conceptstore

Conceptstore Graduate

Hello moto

I've got a motorola A1000. Its a touchscreen PDA phone and i've had it for about 4 years.
    Unfortunately its on its way out and i've had to switch to a normal phone "Sony K770i". (My service provider "3" don't have any other touchscreen phones)

I've forgotten how to write text messages, put the keylock on and even dial a number because i've been doing it all with the touchscreen.

Once you buy a Smart phone you can't go back.

Journey

Journey Freshman

Nokia really has a high-quality standard. It's proven. My old phone is Nokia too, and it still worked when my niece thrown it on the wall. I thought it would not work because its parts were already broken separately.

Monkey-golf

Monkey-golf Applicant

phone

i have Blackberry 8320 great for email on the go.

Cantankerous

Cantankerous Applicant

I use an iPhone 3G as my main phone (Skype number also redirects to it) and I've found it to be a great all round business phone with some handy leisure features.

I really like the soft keyboard (having switched from an iPaq phone with buttons and a couple of different HTC keyboard phones).

Email, calendar and contacts work well, so I've not bothered replacing them with 3rd party apps (which I tended to do on windows phones).

I miss video recording (purely to take a couple of vids of the puppy growing up, not for work) but I assume someone is going to release a video app at some point soon.

Battery life used to be shocking (lasting only a day) but Apple released a patch which has sorted this. I now charge the phone once every couple of days, which is OK for a smart phone but rubbish for a talk only phone. At least the charger is small for travel.

The threaded SMS interface is a small but surprisingly useful feature.

GPS / Maps / Route planner is OK but not a real replacement for Tom Tom. This is the only thing I really miss but as both of our cars now have satnav, this is not really a problem.

As for third party apps, I've added OmniFocus as I use this on my desktop for task management and I've also added eReader as the iPhone screen makes a great ebook reader and always having something to read on the tube is handy. Evernote with the over the air document sync, photo and audio notes is also handy (it OCRs anything you take a picture of). You can slap me as I've also got the facebook app.

The photo album is also great, I've got a couple of thousand photos with me all the time. Great for visiting relatives (I know, not really work related) as the screen is big enough for Gran to view the photos. I don't miss MMS as everyone I know uses email now, so I send photos as automatic attachments. The camera is only 2MP but seems to be fine for most shots but not brilliant for indoor night time photos as their is no flash.

Oh yes, its an iPod as well but other than for music when we go skiing and watching a film on the plane (It's really easy to burn your DVDs to the phone), I don't really use this feature.

BITS

BITS Freshman

I have a Nokie E51 which I have had for about 12 months, I also previously had the Nokia E50 and the Nokia E65.

All the above phones can run Nokia Mail for Exchange which allows my phone to be connected to my company email server real time so emails appear on my phone at the same time as they do in my outlook.

It also does calls and texts too :)

The only big downside I have found is when using it as a modem for my laptop the battery drains very quickly.

Lee Edge

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Nokia N95 here. I'm slowly beginning to hate mobiles though. I like being without them. :D

Pimlico

Pimlico Trainee Lab Tech

Ditto. Although I loved the phone it wore out on me after a year. The coating wore away & it's now stopped working, so I'm going to post here for advice ...............

Nathan-Hall

Nathan-Hall Graduate

i have a LG Viewty - great phone - but emails dont like working much :(

Ill be upgrading next month to a blackberry - not sure which to go for!

Timmo

Timmo Applicant

I use a SE W585i, it's a pretty good phone. I wouldn't have anything other than a SE.

Pimlico

Pimlico Trainee Lab Tech

I had the G1 recommended to me but I wanted something smaller. I had a Nokia 6600 slider, but it didn't feel right & the keys were difficult so I replaced it with a Samsung 480 Tocco which arrives later today.

Business_No1

Business_No1 Applicant

Samsung I900 and I hate it.

phicksteven

phicksteven Applicant

neither iphone nor blackberry. I am using Samsung S duos. The reason I am using this phone is only because its built with dual sim feature.

Find Accountants

Find Accountants FREE LEADS! SEE SIGNATURE Premium Member

Hi,

I use the HTC One X as I didn't want an iPhone. The features are great and I prefer it to an iPhone any day!!

fishertech

fishertech Applicant

Just got myself a new Iphone 5s today! can't wait to get home and charge it up!

Find Accountants

Find Accountants FREE LEADS! SEE SIGNATURE Premium Member

Lol! Let us know what you think.

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

Great, then log your fingerprint on it and pass that detail to the security agencies without having to be asked ;)

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

iOS7 killed my 4s.

Now on a 5. (I won't touch the 5s for the reason stated above).

JCTurner

JCTurner Graduate

I'm using a 4S (now two years old) with iOS 7 and I love it, had not issues with it at all. Now an iPhone 4, they are having troubles.

Don't forget, you don't have to use Touch ID (fingerprint scan entry) on the 5S, the usual passcode is still available.

Mark likes this.
    The Cue Store

The Cue Store Junior Lab Tech

I'm using an old iPhone 3GS but looking at iPhone 5 or maybe a 4S with iOS7 installed on it for my upgraded.

Had 3 HTC's a got feed up with them having to go back to Vodafone with software issues, so went back to my 3GS and so glad I did it's better than the HTC's.

No more HTC's for me!

JCTurner

JCTurner Graduate

Try and avoid the 4S if you can, it's only likely to be supported for another year to 18 months.
    Your best bet would be either a 5 or 5c - a HUGE leap from the 3GS.