1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Trademark Monitoring

Discussion in 'Intellectual Property & Trademarking' started by c_alana, Sep 27, 2012.

c_alana

c_alana Applicant

Hi all,
    I'm new to this whole forum thing but I was hoping someone could advise on monitoring Trademarks. The company I work for has recently brought a trademark for our brand of cookware and we have been offered a legal service for a company to do the monitoring for us to see whether anyone is uses the name in the future or if anyone has applied to registered the same or similar name etc etc. Please does anyone know if there is a database that we could check ourselves that would container this information? Has anyone has experience with this please?

Thanks for your help!

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

c_alana

c_alana Applicant

Hi,
    Thanks so much for this link. It's very helpful. Have you had any experience tracking trademarks? Is this something we as a company can do ourselves with the use of the link you sent through or do you recommend employing someone to track it for us?

Thanks again.
    C

Dale Campbell

Dale Campbell Applicant

Hi,

You can of course perform the watch yourselves on the IPO website. The journal is published every week. An expert watching service is not that expensive though. You need to watch both identical and similar marks and take a view as to whether to oppose an new application or not. This is where having someone advise you may be worth while paying for.

Hope that this helps. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Dale

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

Unfortunately I don`t have enough experience with tracking trademarks, but you can ask the people there, as they will be more competent.

c_alana

c_alana Applicant

Hello,
    Thanks Dale. I think maybe employing someone to do it will be easier and if it's not too expensive. The only I was worried about was if they happened to find lots of applications for a similar trademark, it's like £20 for admin for each one on top of an annual fee.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

On a related note, do people here actively monitor for trade mark infringement on the net in general? Have you ever caught anyone? Have you even taken it further? :)