1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by Xavier McKnight, Jul 21, 2015.

Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

There was a point where I had alerts every day, One day I logged in and had nothing to feed on, I had nothing inspiring to post until now. Have a look at this video

I would post in a more popular thread but the video is linked to this one

Geoff T likes this.
    Toastking

Toastking Trainee Lab Tech

To be honest with you, I think you are the most active poster and I think I always pop in on your posts as a result :D What's the point in communities where people don't connect and discuss thoughts and ideas?

Many don't know I used to run a blog called the Get Rich Quick Experiment... it is the view of many people in the 9-5 world that you're either an instant success or always doomed to failure. Where the reality is that even the 'instant successes' have spent 10 years working on their businesses before they got their break!

Xavier McKnight likes this.
    Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Hard work are the two words I'd take from that video, luck can play a small part but without the hard work, you're unlikely to be successful.

Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

You just have to have an open mind, from the outside in oppotunities like this sound too good to be true, from the inside people realise it's not easy and get cold feet, but even in school when I was 14 studying business... I learnt that 90% of sole traders fail after 5 years, Business people have to take risks, they believe their reward is greater than the risk, no matter how great the risk may be, its the passion, desire and there is always a ''why?'' for a business person too thats what keeps the flame burning

Geoff T

Geoff T Graduate

I can understand the point of @Xavier McKnight posting this.. And the replies... Communities only work when they communicate (the similarity in spelling CAN'T be coincidence!)...

If I'm honest I've felt the same way recently.. Life, work, health issues.. It can all build up on you... But you cants feel like you've "dropped some of the plates" sometimes...

Credit to Xavier for saying what I'm sure more than just we two feel!

Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

Honestly I wish the whole world knew what I knew, there are some exceptions for reason they cannot control, but In countries like the UK everyone has the oppotunity to gain a lifestyle beyond their wildest dreams, its not the money it's the lifestyle, even when I head off to work (I'm still not making enough to go full time with self employment) I go from North to South London to work and when you get to central london and go across London Bridge early mornings, you see thousands of people looking smart and beautiful but tired and ruffled, thats when it hits you, everyone is working long hours everyday, hardly spending time with their families or not near enough as they'd like, you know we spend more time with our work colleagues, we can love them too but I'm sure we'd rather be playing sports with them ,or having a BBQ, or on a holiday exploring the world than be working for 80% of our days and living for time off. I just think if only all these people knew what I know, as I watch the glittery thames and the morning sun, as I head into elephant and castle on the 133. I shake my head nearly every morning, the world shouldn't be like this, but it's probably the sort of thing that has to happen, somebody has to be a boss and somebody has to be a worker, thats business. The people who really want to make a difference they will be the boss, no matter how intelligent or powerful they are.

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Duncan

For Xavier - the Thames in the evening sun. People should lift their eyes from their Smartphones now and again.

Geoff T and Maevla like this.
    Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

Thats a beautiful photo there, did you hear about the boy (youtube persinality) who jumped off tower Bridge today, He landed on his stomach , managed to swim out but was in bad shape afterwards, I hope he enjoys his residual income though , should get tonnes of views :LOL:

Maevla

That's a great picture Duncan - heres one from up north :)

[​IMG]

Toastking and Geoff T like this.
    Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

I bet that's a place that I should know and be able to name but I can't lol

Duncan

.....hmmm either the Dordogne or the Nidd I reckon. Is that you in red with the loot in the bottom right hand corner Maevia?o_O

Maevla

This is Knaresborough North Yorkshire - and no Duncan - although I do wonder what that is all about lol

Geoff T

Geoff T Graduate

Simple Maev - everyone deserves a holiday - and where better? :sneaky:

Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

I love the way this thread turned into images of beautiful scenery lol, There really is nothing like London in my opinion, best city in the world, Once again my fellow bloggers you haven't seen me in a while, My cousin came round because we both had time off, We just did everything young people typically do, Play games, Watch Movies, Go out

Toastking likes this.
    Maevla

I also like London, but Leeds isn't far behind, the thing I don't like about London is the tube, hate it!

Xavier McKnight

Xavier McKnight Graduate

haha there's a tube strike coming up, the last one I managed though, just gotta get up earlier and go for it, I don't like making a fuss

Maevla likes this.