1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

So it's that time of year again

Discussion in 'Public Relations & Press Releases' started by Maevla, Dec 4, 2014.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Time to send out the Xmas cards - we always send actual physical cards to customers an suppliers. We have toyed with sending email cards but have decided it's not for us. What do you do? Do you still send cards in the post or have you opted to go the online route?
    I was wondering if anyone ever got feedback from customers or suppliers about this?

Maev

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

Yesterday, one of my customers asked me to make sure that she's on my Christmas card list, for me to answer with.... 'Is it that time already, I don't even have a list yet, if I make one you'll be on it' lol!

I think physical Christmas cards are always a better touch, you've added that little bit of extra effort rather than generating another mail shot! :)

Maybe add a short piece of personal text to your favored clients as a sweetener too... :p

Maevla

We are working on the personal text now :)

Toni Rose

Toni Rose Graduate

We try to make our text something that's going to stand out in the sea of generic Christmas cards our customers must receive - Don't get me wrong any kind of Christmas card is a nice thought but only the ones I really like make it onto the display board in our office. That's down to limited space but if you think of a Christmas card as a marketing tool as well as a thoughtful gesture, the only ones that are going to be effective in the fact that I will think of your company every day as I walk by the display are the ones that stand out and make it to the board. I think a Christmas card needs to be funny or eye catching to look at, nobody wants to stare at a white card with your company logo overtaking the front cover and a generic Merry Christmas message inside. We've gone with a play on the Jingle bells song in our cards this year but we've changed the words to reflect our industry and the products we sell so fingers crossed our customers will like it! :sing:

2 years ago we made the mistake of hand making 300 personalised Christmas cards to give them 'the personal touch' I admit that took personal a little bit too far! After one very expensive shopping trip for craft supplies they took months to make and our main gain from the whole exercise was aching hands covered in paper cuts lol! :dead:

Silverisametal

Make sure I get one too then Maev!

Silverisametal

Not to mention the dry mouth from licking hundreds of envelopes eh! :p

Toni Rose likes this.
    james murphy

james murphy Sarcasm in bucketloads - Say hi though!

This year we decided that our customers probably have enough money and chocolates to go around.

We are giving the two local charities £1000 each and emailing to tell our clients that is what we spent their beer money on....

Toni Rose likes this.
    james murphy

However, the proper card is way better than some shoddy email.

Maevla

I think that's a great idea!

quickpacksupplies

quickpacksupplies Your Packaging Experts Premium Member

I think Christmas cards are perfect to be sending out this time of the year, an email is worthless.

The card will give a personal touch as others have said and make your customers really feel appreciated and remember you.

Maevla likes this.
    Toni Rose

Toni Rose Graduate

What a lovely thing to do James we are doing something similar - we've decided not to have a Staff Christmas party and are instead using the money to make up Christmas gift boxes to give out to the homeless people in our local area - we've managed 50 boxes so far and its taken much less organising than a Christmas party would - Bonus lol! (y)

james murphy likes this.
    Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

.....or that you have too much time and money to waste and prompt them to look for a more efficient supplier? o_O

Brand Design Experts

Brand Design Experts Applicant

Xmas card is the best to tell you remember them and care them. It is a great way to connect personally and professionally. We are helping many businesses in creating Xmas logo on cards, banners and many others.

james murphy

Thanks Toni! Sounds like you are doing some good too!

Toni Rose likes this.
    MikeyBW

MikeyBW Applicant

Yeah I've got to agree that physical cards are far better than email ones. Although there's still thought behind electronic ones you can't help but feel they're a bit more half a***d. The other good things about physical cards is that they can be put somewhere. If you're really cheeky they can be used for a nice bit of extra brand exposure.

SamS101

SamS101 WAHM

Hi, I know this thread is old but I just want to say that recent studies have proven that receiving a 'real' card can lift the spirits of the receiver offering real measurable health benefits. It is currently Thinking Of You Week an initiative started by the greeting card association to create a wave of happiness by encouraging people to send a card a day to someone for a week just to let them know you are thinking of them!