1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

So have you waded in on the migrant issue?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Mad Lab Rat, Aug 6, 2015.

Mad Lab Rat

Mad Lab Rat Mad Lab Rat

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

OK so let's just throw this one out there.
    I'm not 100% against migrants, but it solely depends on the purpose of them coming over.

So... I work for a company who employs several individuals who are from different nationalities, Polish, Romanian, Hungarian etc. These people earn good money, they work very hard, they pay taxes and let's say 'earn their place'. That is no problem for me, as they are contributing towards the same thing as me day in and day out, which is to earn a living, pay bills and enjoy a fair life.
    I've also had doctors & surgeons in the past from India, Pakistan, Philippines who have treated me, done a greatr job of it, and possibly saved my life. Obviously, they earn a lot of money, and quite rightly so.

Here it goes.... what I don't agree with is migrants who are moving over here to simply claim benefits, not work, and accept the better living standards without making their own contribution. I can drive through some towns (with my windows shut and doors locked), where you will see 85% of the population is foreign. They will happily walk the streets with their 8 children (not at school) at midday, in their pajamas, without a care in the world that we are paying for them to live in this country. I pay council tax, the government pays that for them, I pay rent/mortgage, the government pays that for them. Why we accept this a a country I will never know.
    However that doesn't just go for foreigners, I know plenty of english people happily sit on their arse all day watching jeremy kyle, living the same way.

I call them leaches, they suck the life out of 'hard working' people and live a happy life, smoke 20 fags per day and get pissed 3/4 nights/days a week. :finger:

sarastones

sarastones Freshman

Not entirely related to the Calais crisis but I have to say when you see things like this on prime time TV or its what you read about in the news on a morning how can this not anger any hard working person who struggles to get by without the help of the benefits system -

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/544816/Roma-Gypsy-Migrant-Boasts-Free-Money-Benefits-System-Mansion

I don't normally watch these kinds of benefits Britain type shows as I know they are designed to rile up the general public, however I came across this particular episode as I was flicking through and the gall of this man had me glued to the screen! There was also another woman who still lived in Warsaw and was claiming benefits for her son who lived in Warsaw with her as if they were still living in the UK.

If the government ever wants British people to accept and welcome migrants into the country this is exactly the kind of thing that needs to stop. As a mother to two children I'd be a lot better off sat on my backside at home claiming benefits yet i choose to work because my parents raised me to know if I want something I have to work for it the government would get one hell of a shock if we all just quit our jobs and claimed benefits instead - I mean whats not to like you'd have your rent paid, council tax paid, benefits in the bank weekly, extra payments everytime the temperature drops below zero, loans at Christmas for thousands of pounds that only need to be paid back at £3 a week sounds like an easy life to me!

On the other hand I too work for a company that employs people from many different nationalities and these employees work just as hard as I do and feel no entitlement from anyone so I don't think its right that every person in this country that isn't originally from Britain should be tarred with the same brush. I genuinely feel sorry for those that do seek refuge in our country because they maybe aren't safe in their own country but that want to come here start a life and work like everybody else. It needs to be judged on a case by case basis!

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Well the last two posts are largely about 'leaches/spongers' rather than migrants.

The 'leaches/spongers' appear (to me at least) to have deeply troubled and unenviable lives. The reason so few people choose that lifestyle is presumably they find it unenviable too.

As to the media - they exist to make money not reflect reality or portray reality.