1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Setting Up An eBay Shop

Discussion in 'eBay and Amazon Users' started by The Cue Store, Jun 12, 2012.

The Cue Store

The Cue Store Junior Lab Tech

Is it worth opening an eBay shop instead of just listing items in the normal way?

What are the Pros and Cons of an eBay shop?

Mark likes this.
    Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

As a buyer, I couldn't give a monkey's whether someone has a shop or not. I will insist on a 99.7% or higher Pos feedback though.

pete likes this.
    KPAuto

KPAuto Applicant

are fees less when you have a shop?

Mark likes this.
    SellerExpress

SellerExpress Applicant

There is a reduction in fees when you subscribe to an eBay shop; it varies depending on which subscription you go for. A Basic subscription is £14.99 a month and will reduce insertion fees to £0.10.

Other features include
    A number customer pages (5 for the Basic subscription) that you can use as marketing pages, to detail your selling/returns policies making the shop a bit more like your own ecommerce site.
    A customisable eBay URL and custom shop header.
    The shop can contain up to 300 product categories as well as promotion boxes, allowing you to have a bit of control over how your products are displayed/marketed.
    Good till Cancelled listings, use this to automatically relist items after 30 days, great to ensure you keep building the sales history which will help improve where the listing ranks in the search results.
    Email marketing allowing you to send newsletters/promotional flyers to your eBay customers.

The Pros and Cons really depend on your own selling practices, your number of listings, how likely it is that your number of listings will increase in the future, whether eBay your only online sales channel etc...

SetupaCompany, Mark and KPAuto like this.
    SellerExpress

SellerExpress Applicant

The Basic is great for up to 750 listings, after that it's worth looking at the Featured shop.

You can also manage keywords with an eBay shop that allows you to optimise your shop for Google.

The Cue Store

I'm reconsidering the option of using an replacing my own e-commerce website eBay or eBay shop. This would be either replacing my own e-commerce website due to the lack of sales or maybe working long side with it.

To be honest not sure which would be the best route to go with the using eBay and my own website side by side or eBay by itself for the time being.

I was thinking that the SEO and marketing that comes with eBay or an eBay shop would help increase sales for the business.

Am I correct in this way of thinking?

Mark likes this.
    The Cue Store

Found out today that as of June this year eBay are increasing the cost of having a basic shop from £14.99 to £19.99 per month.

Is eBay still going to be cost effective for people running small businesses on there?

On another note I've add 10 items today just to test the water of eBay.