1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Sainsbury's becomes UK's second-biggest supermarket

Discussion in 'Retail' started by Mad Lab Rat, Jul 28, 2015.

Mad Lab Rat

Mad Lab Rat Mad Lab Rat

Sizeable convenience store estate and stronger growth in its southern heartland helps retailer overtake Asda in terms of market share

http://bit.ly/1LPDger

Asda must be losing some serious shoppers if this is the case - what do you think?

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

I think Asdas problem is the amount of restructuring they keep doing, with no real thought about the long term consequences. They are turning into Walmart which isn't working for them. Yes they can cut prices, and cut costs, but if their isn't a working strategy in place for the long term it's going to upset the applecart. You could see this coming 6/7 years ago.

Yes every business needs to cut it's cloth - but it needs styling, not bits ripped off. Asda workers I'll bet are voting with their feet, and shopping elsewhere, my face book is full of Asda employees who shop at Tesco or Aldi.

maryamchloe

maryamchloe Applicant

nice..information