1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

RUN YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Discussion in 'Business Planning' started by markadward, Mar 13, 2017.

markadward

markadward Freshman

[​IMG]
    I come from quite a strong corporate background. Having worked for big names such as Accenture, Fitch, BPP as well as other boutique names, I have finally settled on doing my own thing – running a small Virtual Staffing Agency, which helps small and medium sized businesses reduce staffing costs by up to 80%.

Know About Hiring Virtual Employees: STAFF INDIA
    My career has had a few twists and turns, starting out originally in teaching after graduating in Maths and Computer Science, I was keen to move into the corporate world and got a job in Accenture. This was quite an experience for me to be honest, and the place where I learnt many business skills which I still use to this day.

But I wasn’t content, I wanted more, I wanted to progress quick and big time, I felt I was stifling myself sitting in a corporate environment waiting to get noticed and get a promotion.

So I landed an opportunity with a boutique financial markets trading firm – as a Proprietary Trader, which paid me almost double what I was earning. This lasted for good 5 years until the markets crashed in 2008-09, and swallowed the company in 2010. An experience I will never forget, and will always stay with me – the exhilaration of trading frantically on the global markets!

I didn’t want to go back into the markets again, the stress was a bit too much for me, not to mention the adverse impact it has had on my social skills, sitting isolated at a desk number crunching day in day out! I realized better money doesn’t necessarily mean being content with yourself and having a better quality of life.

I felt the natural progression would be to become a Trainer in Financial Markets, delivering various financial training courses to bankers from the likes of Barclays IB, RBS, Deutsch Bank and many others. The pay was comfortable, and I love interacting with people, helping them learn. The way I see it, I am learning at the same time – this job helps me stay on top of everything in financial markets without the stress of trading!

It is during this time I decided that I wanted to run my own company whilst working as a freelance Trainer.

I wanted to do something that would fall naturally within my skills set, and enable me to help people. I came up with an idea I learnt at Accenture – Outsourcing!

I realized there was a market to provide affordable outsourcing facilities to small and medium sized businesses, but I added my own twist and conjured up what I call Virtual Staffing.

Touch wood, things are going well, and I have been out of the full time corporate world for a few years now. But I recently got back in touch with some old friends, all of whom work in large companies. Strangely enough, I feel a strong urge to be amongst them, and go back to the corporate world, as I do really enjoy the challenge of working on big projects, complex challenges, and being amongst other smart people.

But on the other hand, I have the facility to earn equally well as them, but also have the flexibility to work on what I want and when I want – giving me a good quality of life to be honest, enabling me to balance my personal life and children well with my work life.

Should I go back into the corporate world and let someone run My Virtual People for me? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Jeremy25

Jeremy25 Applicant

Thanks for this data. It is very informative. Thanks for the share.

markadward

markadward Freshman

YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach Applicant

Start your own business by

• Writing a business plan

• Choose a business location

• Finance your business or determine a legal structure

• Register a business name

Mitch carson

Mitch carson Applicant

very effective ideas!