1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

New things you'd like to learn when you find the time?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by mapletree, Aug 7, 2015.

mapletree

mapletree Freshman

I've always wanted to make my own soap and one day I will get around to learning how and giving it a go - right now I always seem to get sidetracked. I'm quite a crafty person though so I'm forever trying to make new things! If you had the time what would you like to give a go just for fun?

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

One of my colleagues makes soap as a hobby, not sure how he does it, but I know he enjoys it.

To be honest, I think he makes a little pocket money from it too. Good luck! (y)

mapletree

mapletree Freshman

Thanks Silverisametal! I wouldn't want to sell it I'd more than likely give it as gifts at Christmas etc so who knows maybe this year will be the year! Is your colleague a member of the forum I'd love to chat with him for some tips?

Is there anything you'd like to learn or give a go?

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

I don't think he is a member, but when he returns from his holiday I'll definitely put you in touch. I have seen some pictures of his creations, looks very good.

There's always new things I'd like to try, but to in the creative way as you do, there's always new sports I'm looking to try but that's about it :p

Redisthenewblack

Redisthenewblack Freshman

I've always wanted to learn a new language I did French and German way back when I was at school but I've forgotten a lot of that now so I'd love to start back up again once I have some free time!

fairielug

fairielug I do believe in fairies I do! I do!

I've got a bit of a thing for all things magical and i'd love to be able to build one of these for my 4 year old daughter in our garden but unfortunately I'm not the handiest person when it comes to DIY so looks like I'll be nagging my other half until he does it for me lol!

[​IMG]

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

I love that little house - not sure my other half could ever build anything like that TBH!

Anyway - I'd like to avoid how to avoid having to talk to idiots - seems I've been attracting them all week this week! Onwards and upwards - Monday is another day! :)

fairielug

fairielug I do believe in fairies I do! I do!

Lucky for me my other half is a carpenter and my father is a builder so I'm hoping with the promise of free food and cups of tea on tap they may be swayed!

Silverisametal likes this.
    mapletree

mapletree Freshman

Wow I'd love a house like that in my garden and I don't have children lol! Let me know if you ever learn the technique of how to avoid idiots Maevla I think if you could bottle that you'd be an overnight billionaire!

jeffnev

jeffnev Graduate

I would love to learn how to speak another language. I don't have a real preference which language but I've always have a great respect for people who have mastered more than one language.

dbs00

dbs00 Bot Maker

Another coding language.

Whitedesk

Whitedesk Freshman

If I do have more time, I'd like to study about computer graphics and design.

Joshua Woods

Joshua Woods Applicant

A musical instrument, perhaps guitar...

Whitedesk

Whitedesk Freshman

I would like to learn more about different languages which could help me while I travel to different places.

Allen Smith

Allen Smith Applicant

I want to learn web designing and photoshop. so that I can earn money online easily.