1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

New platform & marketplace whats your thoughts?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by ping, Aug 23, 2013.

ping

ping Senior Lab Tech

Hi all,

OKYO dot com - is an emerging British startup marketplace providing online pop-up shops for small business, they aim to take away the difficulty of setting up a business online. There platform is free to setup, with fees based solely on monthly sales (see here OKYO . com) there are no listing charges or any other hidden costs, they aim to be fair and friendly!

You don't need any design skill to get started, simply having a nice background image and a logo will give you a presence, it takes less than 5 minutes to have your own branded store.

Each shop created is listed in our marketplace, providing visibility.

You get your own url and can even simply embed your store in your own website very simply.

Whats your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2013
    thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

Hi truereddevill,
    I might try the platform, so I will get back with a review :)

theangrydog

theangrydog Domaining & Web Development

Had a quick look, doesnt seem to reander well on iphone plus very slow, concept is a basic multi vender shopping cart, needs the right marketing as it can be easily copied.

visakanv

visakanv Applicant

Hey truereddevil,

Nice idea. I think your design has room for improvement. Your headers and sub-headers look a little "weak" to me- I would increase the font size and bold them to make a stronger impact. The cursive font in the logo isn't very readable, and your main value proposition isn't that clear. Try to direct your visitor's attention more boldly!

Also, you should probably emphasize your pricing strongly from the start. :)

Cheers

ping

ping Senior Lab Tech

Hi just to let you know this is not my site i was just asking peoples opinions

Vero Mandro

Vero Mandro Applicant

New Platform Marketplace is Appkodes introduced Fantacy is multi vendor and best ecommerce mobile platform which creates a marketplace where users can sign up to become a seller by filling up a seller form and it makes the user to feel comfortable with ecommerce script.