1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Motorists 'not stopping for breaks'

Discussion in '2 & 4 Wheels' started by Mad Lab Rat, Jul 25, 2013.

Mad Lab Rat

Mad Lab Rat Mad Lab Rat

Chris Lodge

Chris Lodge Graduate

Possibly worse abroad

As an accident lawyer, I only rarely come across situations where an accident has been caused by drivers falling asleep at the wheel but this seems to happen quite frequently in Europe - possible the reason for yesterday's tragedy in Italy

SetupaCompany

SetupaCompany Trainee Lab Tech

If feeling sleepy when driving, stop at one of the services stations with a pub - a quick pint is sure to wake you up and restore you to your peak concentration level......

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

The fact is, for most of us, in the uk, journeys of that kind of length are extremely rare. If I drove for 6 hours from here I would probably be on the Isle of Wight Ferry. Provided, of course, I avoid the M25!

It is one of those surveys that makes me wonder why people are responding as they do. The amount of time I can drive without feeling drowsy varies - I rarely feel drowsy at the wheel. But I make journeys of in excess of 150 miles relatively rarely. If I go to London, I tend to fly.

Chris Lodge

Chris Lodge Graduate

Nevertheless, Paul, I think many people are on the road for work purposes in excess of two hours and probably rushing to their next delivery point or appointment so don't take the breaks they should

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

I completely agree people should take breaks. I used to drive for many, many miles. I tend not to feel drowsy, but if I did, I would stop for a coffee, or some fresh air, or both.

I am just surprised at the survey results. Not only, according to the survey, are people not capable of common sense, they know, and accept, they are a danger on the roads. So...round them up and shred their licences!