1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

MLM (Multi-Level-Marketing)

Discussion in 'Public Relations & Press Releases' started by IRONMAN2000, Jul 20, 2013.

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

I have never believed in the MLM scheme. May be if you manage to climb to the top of the pyramid, it works ... otherwise it is just waste of time in my opinion.

mediaguy likes this.
    ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

I point you to my earlier post- my sister is nowhere near the top and earning a fortune. Legal, a lot of people do make a lot of money at this, but they need to work hard at it.

Most people don't then fail, and blame the system.

jumai1

jumai1 Applicant

You are 100% correct Deb. I am with Forever Living as an Independent Distributor and my income is increasing just because of the amount of hours work l put in.

I believe if you put in more efforts amid the challenges ahead you will make decent income. While those who failed to work hard to build their business in the MLM will refer it as a scam.

An example is my upline manager who joined Forever Living 1 ago resigned her accountant job to run her Forever Living business full time because she worked very hard to make it work. So l believe in hard work no matter what you set up to do, you will succeed as long as it's a profitable niche with a reputable company.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Does hard work always pay, regardless though? Surely it's about the strength(s) of the system?

james murphy

james murphy Sarcasm in bucketloads - Say hi though!

your success in MLM comes from others failiure. Its a scam. If you work at it you can gain but that doesn't detract from the overall scamminess of it all.

ISS

Look I'm no advocate for MLM, but that's an incredibly ill informed and sweeping comment to make.

toby123

toby123 Freshman

There seems to be a real fog over this MLM thing, which probably causes so much disagreement. I think that part of the problem might have something to do with having to Pay to sign up as a Promoter.

If you applied for a job (offline), or set up an affiliate marketing account (online), the company wouldn't say:
    "Thank you for your application... now you'll have to pay us £200 to get started".

Someone tried to recruit me into one of these systems recently. I did some research about the products, and also asked how many distributers there were in the different parts of the country.
    ... I was told that the info wasn't available, because it was too hard to work out who the promoters actually were. The reason I was given was... out of all the people who sign up as a promoter, only about 4% become active sellers and the 96% just pay £200 to sign up, so they can get the £300 worth of products that come with their starter pack.

I think this makes it hard to differentiate between a new signed up promoter, and a customer.

I believe that the £200 is the max sign up fee that a MLM company can legally charge in the UK.
    .. See here: DSA - Frequently Asked Questions

And when someone recruits a new promoter into their downline, how much of this £200 do they get paid?

I wonder how things would look if companies weren't allowed to charge anything for people to start working for them... If this were to happen, I think I'd be able to make sense of the stats.

I am trying to understand this... but I find the more I look into this, the less wood I can see from the trees.
    ~Toby

sjr4x4 likes this.
    ISS

I'd like to see James Murphy answer my point in a clear concise manner, rather than be one of these people who take the passive approach on forums and pretend they don't see the post.

Cone on dude. Man up and go for it. You've had all afternoon already.

Murray Cowell

Murray Cowell Applicant

Depends on your target, your teams, your company profile and how you adapt the message that you want to send out to your clients.

Hope you choose well!

Vadim

Vadim Applicant

Dear friends,
    in order to reach the heights in a network marketing company, you need to carefully approach the selection of these criteria are:
    1. New company in the domestic market
    2 . Has a unique product, far superior in quality competitive counterparts in the segment that will buy among consumers.
    3 . Compensation Plan, which allows excellent earning at all stages of business development .
    4 . Production company, which sells own produce and has a research center on the improvement of existing and development new products for coatings new market sectors.
    Starting cooperation with a company that meets above requirements, you have a chance to become successful.

Toastking

Toastking Trainee Lab Tech

Its all a scam, pyramids, MLMs, marketing - who cares. Everyone who makes a success of them is a bloomin rotter. Spam and scam your friends, then anyone else that'll listen...

ISS

Ooooh that's cruel talk.

It's not always the case please read my previous posts on this.

Btw as an aside I note that Mr Ironman doesn't bother coming back here now he's got his post and link count up and he's done it on a wide range of fora too.....

Toastking

Yeh I was just gonna have a go at defending his point of view when I got challenged about it but it never happened haha!

It looks like Ironman is an ex-Iron man....

JamesClarke

JamesClarke Graduate

Answering the original question, that depends on so may factors I don't even know how to start explaining. Your first step is understanding why it hasn't worked in the past. You can take it from there.

ISS

But it has worked. Massively.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Which reminds me; I need to do some of these:

Account Reviews / Deletions

;)

Toastking

I'm a ghost writer for ISS, does that mean we both get banned?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    ISS

Shh young padawan. Don't tell.

Vadim

Vadim Applicant

There are very many financial pyramids and scams around us, but exist decent companies, which produce excellent products and use business scheme of network marketing. Network marketing is the model of business development, which is used by some producers.

adme

adme Applicant

Hello My friend ,
    Let me say that there are a lot of mickey mouse MLM systems out there and then you have the serious ones that come with a cost of course .

May I post a link of a new Virtual Game that is in the stock market . I also belong to an MLM called Kingdom777 formally called WCM777 now this new one is called WENYARD . Please cheque this out , I have been in this for the last 4 days and its incredible , there are no limits in how much you can earn , but as i mentioned earlier there is a cost to register.

Below is the link and my Skype , feel free to add me . Skype : nigeliel

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014