1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Logo Design.

Discussion in 'Graphic & Web Design' started by Francis Heran, Jun 8, 2016.

Francis Heran

Francis Heran Applicant

Hello All,

I am looking for someone to help design a Logo for my web site. Any offer of help is appreciated. The logo is to be a heraldic shield design with the letters H C on the shield. The ribbon below is to have the words Heran Creations on it. Please let me know if you can assist. Thank you.

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

Hi Francis, how are you?

Sorry to piss on your parade, but don't you think the heraldic shield is a little cliché ?
    If you're going to pay someone to design a logo, why not design something completely fresh that nobody has ever seen before?

Francis Heran

Francis Heran Applicant

Hi Silverisametal,

Valid point. Initially the website will offer my books, then other services and products will be added. What do you have in mind for my unique and fresh logo?

meadsy

meadsy Freshman

Hi Francis, that would depend on many factors, what your business is, what's the product/service, the names, the sector, your customer base and so on.

A logo isn't something to be taken lightly, it is supposed to reflect you and your business, telling a story to your customers about your quality and begin your branding journey.

Don't be put off the shield. The logo also has to fit you. If it suits the style of your business then there's nothing wrong with that.

David Jenkins

David Jenkins Graduate

I am working alongside Francis and have created the Logo design for him, but it obviously needs improving for clarity etc as it looks too pixalated at present. Can someone contact me to do this. Many thanks.

David

meadsy

meadsy Freshman

Hi David, drop me a PM with details and I'll have a quick look for you.

David Jenkins

David Jenkins Graduate

Not sure how to PM on here... email me at info@maryvaleoffice.com and I can send all necessary details. Thank you

David Jenkins

David Jenkins Graduate

Not sure how to PM on here... email me at info@maryvaleoffice.com and I can send all necessary details. Thank you

Rajshree Nair

Rajshree Nair Freshman

Don't go anywhere do not come under someone's influence just do it google and youtube you will get the right path

Rajshree Nair

Rajshree Nair Freshman

I dont think yo can help him you are miss guiding him

meadsy

meadsy Freshman

Don't worry Rajshree, advice was legit!!

Krystsina

Krystsina Freshman

I absolutely agree that such types of logos are too over-used. There is definitely nothing fresh and new having a heraldic shield. I don't also don't think it is misleading to say about that: there is nothing bad to get to know opinions of people who are in businesses and who have some experience and knowledge about it. It is still you who will make the final choice, but opinions and suggestions might help you to go for the better option.