1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

LinkedIn

Discussion in 'General Business Talk & Business News' started by trevorwood, Dec 12, 2008.

trevorwood

trevorwood Trainee Lab Tech

Ok, I've finally succumbed to invitations from business associates to join LinkedIn. Now what?

Any hints and tips on how to use LinkedIn effectively?

TIA

An Oasis

An Oasis Graduate

One quick suggestion.

If you are using one of the big blog systems then both LI & FB allow you to automatically post posts into your profiles...so that's a no brainer.:cool:

Veler

Veler Freshman

Just fiil you prifile and add as much as possible regarding your business.
    And ask you clients for recomendations

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech

Make sure you browse through Linked In Answers and post where you can. You can set up RSS for this too.

trevorwood

trevorwood Trainee Lab Tech

Where do I find the RSS?

Dot Design

Dot Design Graduate

I need to start using this properly as well Trevor, I've opened an account added some contacts etc but it really used it other than that, anymore tips would be great, cheers Gareth

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech

I'm sure ifound RSS by navigating to section of answers I want, and it was there. I don't really use Linked in, so not really sure, sorry.

IRMcAllister

IRMcAllister Applicant

LinkedIn is about contacts and Answers......

LinkedIn is great if you are in the B2B market place - I have heard mixed results in the B2C market area. It is also socially much colder than say the "other place" but that means that the MLMers and LifeCoaches tend to be battered to pieces and sent quickly to Coventry the moment they mention LoA!!!

1) Your first target is to get to 50 contacts - its usless below that level for business

2) As NikkiP has said, start watching Answers. I have 15 daily RSS feeds going into my Google Reader, which picks up on certain threads

3) When you see an Answer you can add to, answer it. This then in the LI system gets replicated around your contacts, saying that Tevor answered a question on X

4) I then personally copy the original question and my answer to my blog, which then replicates out through twitter and on to Google, LI Answers does not presently echo into Google - big downside!

Good Luck!

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech