1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Link Building

Discussion in 'SEO, Social Media & Web Marketing' started by James Roberts, Jul 14, 2015.

James Roberts

James Roberts Applicant

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you had any top tips on link building, where you get yours? etc etc

I know Google tells everyone not to link build, but as its one of the biggest ranking factors, it can't be ignored...can it?

Cheers

James

Karma Content

Karma Content Freshman

Guest blogging on RELEVANT blogs and sites can be a good start. Don't post to article sites or sites outside your niche, they'll do more harm than good.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Hi Karma

Why would posting to article sites do more harm than good? Would that depend on the particular site?

Karma Content

Karma Content Freshman

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Ah, I get what you mean now, I was thinking or article sites more along the lines of something like CRN http://www.channelweb.co.uk/ rather than something like ezine.

foxxweb

foxxweb Applicant

Posting blogs is only of value if the link is a dofollow link and a lot of blogs are set to no-follow. You need to check the type of link before you waste your time and post to a no-follow site

Collaboration

Collaboration Collaboration is working with others to do a task.

Create high quality of backlinks from web 2.0 websites or high authority websites like facebook, stumbleupon,reddit, pinterest, etc.. are the best of them to get quality backlinks.

foxxweb

foxxweb Applicant

I think ever website mentoiend by Altura is a no-follow link and will do NOTHING for your link building SEO

ethan grey

ethan grey Applicant

If you do not do Linkbuidling, you will get nothing. Backlinks is very important in SEO, it is the power of your website. Do not spam too much, you will get penalty from GOOGLE

cwvps

cwvps Freshman

When you post comments and questions or you guest blog, make sure the sites where you're doing that are from your niche or related to it. I understand that the purpose of back linking is getting more traffic and by doing this you'll definitely get more traffic. If you're knowledgeable, people will follow your link for sure.

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

I think that you can also ask for blog exchanges, get your link mentioned on social media posts, like twitter or facebook / linkedin.

M. Magusara

M. Magusara Applicant

As many sites mention you, as much your website get domain authority. So, link building is important. But black hat practice is never recommended. If you get link in organic way, then what is the problem?

foxxweb

foxxweb Applicant

THeLegalSTop - Social media is of no use at all. ALL links on Twitter, FB, Instagra, Pinterets etc etc are NOFOLLOW links they will have no impact on SEO

Classicus Vatsal

Classicus Vatsal Applicant

I am agreed with Mr.Karma.Looking forward to Guest Blogging.

Thanks Everyone...!!

KickWebDesign

KickWebDesign Applicant

Hey guys.

I'm new here on recommendation of one of the admins and glad to have found you all.

So here's my stance on link building.

Yes it's important. It always has been and most likely always will be but link building has changed a lot over the last few years.

I'll start with social media links, as far as pure link building SEO goes they have little effect now, however it does help a little in respect of your social media presence goes in googles eyes.

As far as regular link building goes I follow these basic rules for both myself and my clients.

- Link from a relevant website within the same niche.
    - Make the link content rich, so write something useful and build in your BL.
    - build both dofollow and nofollow backlinks. (Why? Because if Google sees 200 dofollow links and zero nofollow back links it will very quickly see that the links are simply for bot purposes only)
    - link from high authority websites

The most simplest SEO rule out there is:

Build your site for the users with search engines in mind not the other way round. This rule applies all the way from construction and design all the way through to your off page SEO and link building.

Happy to help if anyone needs advice

Cheers

Chris

rrwshopfitters likes this.
    JamesVorn

JamesVorn Applicant

Link building is a best off page SEO technique. There are so many link building techniques but i mostly used it forum posting, business directories, social media marketing, blog commenting etc.

Bonds John

Bonds John Freshman

Strongly discourage the affiliate marketing.Its the worst way of building links I guess.

Robert Broley

Robert Broley Freshman

I would advise adding a blog to your website if you have not done already this can be a great way to show your expertise. Press Releases tend to be very good as a form of link building as does Local Citations.

Dwight Harrison

Dwight Harrison Applicant

Check Youtube for producing a free business video, links can be added below the video.
    Youtube search " 5 Business Video Production Lessons For Business Marketing ".
    Hope that helps.

appkodes

appkodes Freshman

For good link building, you need to build good relationships. There are plenty of opportunities to build new contacts. You should start with niche-related communities: forums, blogs or social groups.