1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Just a nosy question...

Discussion in 'The Cake and Coffee House' started by Mad Lab Rat, Oct 11, 2015.

Mad Lab Rat

Mad Lab Rat Mad Lab Rat

How many people actually write letters these days and do any of you have a penpal?

CygnusB

CygnusB Graduate

I have a friend who lives abroad and we write about once a month - have done for about 30 years, so yes and yes :)
    It's always nice to get a personal letter instead of all the junk that usually goes in the bin, or the bills that arrive frequently :)

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

I can't recall the last time I wrote an actual letter. I did used to have a PenPal who lived in France. we wrote every week from the ages of about 13 until we were 25 and then sort of lost touch. I suppose would be easy to find her now - i might try one of these days :)

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

I do write letters. I hand write them with a fountain pen.

I do not have a penpal, however.

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

I'm a mega slow writer, and my writing isn't exactly neat to be honest, so prefer to keep it digital.

Can't say I've ever received a hand written letter, would be quite refreshing though if I did. (y)

cwvps

cwvps Freshman

I used to write letters to my aunt when I was a child. I regularly wrote postcards and greeting cards. Today, unfortunately, I don't do any of that.

SamS101

SamS101 WAHM

I still send greeting cards. Letters not so much more likely to type an email or send a message on Facebook. I do find if I have to fill out lengthy forms my hand gets sore - must be using different muscle groups compared to those used for typing?
    Receiving 'real' mail is believed to be good for you, lift your spirits for the whole day :)

Krystsina

Krystsina Freshman

I had a pen pal in my childhood, and since then I never wrote a letter in the actual meaning of it. Now as I remember it was quite fun, it is a bit upsetting that we stopped writing letters these days :unsure:

gregor55

gregor55 Applicant

yes iahve some penpals from japan, because i study japanese