1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Is paypal the only option?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by essex_courier, Jul 14, 2008.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Go for PayPal I'd say - it's got a much bigger user base.

Also, you might consider using WorldPay - but they hold on to your cash for a month before they give you your money. :tdn:

If I recall correctly, WorldPay accept payments via PayPal too although I've not looked into it lately.

Welcome to UK-centric networking, Les. :)

Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

Hi Les... are you a member of the Rederation of Small Business? If not, join, if you are already, use their clout with Streamline to get a merchant account with a mobile terminal. Several clients of mine have been turned down by streamline as you were but with the FSB they were sorted within a few days. It's stupid and unfair as it's the same business but you have to go with what works to get what you need :lol:

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech

I use Google Checkout for services without any issues. Different prices, different services - the only thing I don't think it does is recurring invoices, although I could be wrong as I haven't looked at it lately.

gomziwms45

gomziwms45 Freshman

According to me, PayPal is the best when it comes to making online transactions. Apart from PayPal, you could use other options such as Alert Pay, Liberty Reserve, Netteller etc.
    I don't use any of them I just mentioned. I am satisfied using PayPal for my online transactions.

price engines

price engines Freshman

My partners website - Personalised Photo Gifts, Jigsaws, Mugs, Mousemats, T-Shirts etc. from Fabulous Photo Gifts has been using Paypal since it went live 3 years ago.

It was relatively easy to integrate into her bespoke site cart design and we've never had any problems until recently where on some orders it seems to only 'take' for the first item of an order and so misses off the post and pack charge.

Bit of a nuisance - we've informed Paypal and they are looking into.

On the plus side, many associate Paypal with Ebay and are comfortable using it to pay for goods online.

The high st banks set up charges and 'requirements' still put us off going down that route at the moment.

Good thread.

Catka

Catka Applicant

I am looking into these options now too..... which one to go with - Google Checkout or PayPal...

Tnx!

Emma

Emma Senior Lab Tech

PayPal has far more members.

quikshop

quikshop Applicant

We dropped PayPal as a payment option from our martial arts shop several months ago and the business has continued to grow at a good rate.

The reason we dropped it? In the space of a week we had six customers initiate a chargeback within days of placing their orders for reasons ranging from 'hadn't received their order within 2 days' to 'had changed mind and wanted their money back'.

PayPal allow consumers to infringe on UK Distance Selling Regulations and put the retailer at a massive disadvantage. You will find that the vast majority of major retailers do not offer PayPal and for very good reasons.

JMCDesigner

JMCDesigner Freshman

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Going by what I've heard recently, I'd give Nochex a miss...

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

I'd second giving Nochex a miss.

webhostuk

webhostuk Applicant

We prefer google checkout there fraud check it really very good.

Wana Bee

Wana Bee Graduate

remember with google checkout you get the 'badge' in the adwords box which improves CTR.

casssimplyb

casssimplyb Freshman

Try Paypoint.net (our neighbours in the office buildings).

matt.chatterley

matt.chatterley Web & Software Developer Premium Member

Just a note - I spoke with a guy from PayPoint a while ago, about possibly integrating their solution into our eCommerce platform and he was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Although I haven't reviewed the technical aspects of their solution yet, they are certainly easy to talk to - and not "pushy" like many other payment companies, so that alone makes them worth a go in my book!

paycron

paycron Applicant

Apart from this you can trust on Paycron. Its really good