1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

How do you guys motivate yourself to work and not be distracted?

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by hotmail, Jun 8, 2015.

hotmail

hotmail Applicant

Hi all, I often have a bad week struggling and feel I want to get up late and forget about it for a while but I know I must soldier on. how do others cope with dishillusionment and cries to quit but you know you must go on. any help?

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Hi Hotmail

Welcome to UKBL

Do you work for yourself? Is getting motivated the problem or is work slow? Or is it something else?

Maev

hotmail

hotmail Applicant

what it is is that I am climbing up google for my 7 websites but i learned to do it properly means slowly advertising for a while then paying for seo and also leafleting. Because I work alone I often feel I cant face it today when I have had 5 days without a sale. other times i bounce up when sales are good. But I need to be more stable and work equally despite these fluctuations. after google panda update I suffered a lot and almost quit. But slowly I started trying again. It is hard to motivate myself when told it'll take at least another year to get top of google by working flat out each day. I cant always face the day as it is so monotomous.

Maevla

Perhaps you should stop trying to be top of Google and think more about how you can reach your customers in other ways?
    Do you email your database? Do you target a specific market and aim correspondence at them?
    What products do you sell?

blurryeyed

blurryeyed Applicant

i always take 5 mins in the morning to have a cup of tea and think about nothing. if it's nice enough i try to sit in the garden and think about nothing - to feel refreshed before i start anything at all. I find this helps me to focus

mrs orangetree

mrs orangetree The real Mrs O

7 websites and paying for SEO and getting frustrated by google algorythms sounds painful. I would maybe struggle with motivation for that! It sounds like you would be better taking a little business advice or mentoring?

Swedish Meatballs

Swedish Meatballs Applicant

Hi Hotmail

Sounds like you're feeling a bit overworked, I've been there myself.
    I tend to try to always choose my attitude when I get up in the morning. It's hard sometimes but you can train yourself to do it. And it does help to think positive thoughts , everything seems just that little bit brighter.

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What range do you select from? o_O

Maevla

If I did that it would be between:

Put a smile on my face and be nice to everyone today - to - tuck the frying pan into my handbag and use it the first time I get asked a stupid question I've answered a million times before :LOL:

Silverisametal likes this.
    Abbie Abrianna

Abbie Abrianna Applicant

Set a goal and try to achieve it. Reward yourself when you are able to achieve that goal.

Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

Try not to go around in circles in your own head over the same negative things.
    Consider other options, what can you try that's different which could effect the business?

Optimise-u

Optimise-u Graduate

I think back to how much I hate tiered management structures and only get involved with businesses I enjoy. I enjoy writing (hopefully I'll have a novel out this year) and that really helps my content marketing. Also I am an insomniac and get bursts of inspiration at 2am. Having flexible hours is vital to me - working 9-5 I found myself going three or four days without sleep during the week. After a few years of this I had a string of seizures while at work. I am more comfortable doing a sixty hour week where I control what I am doing then a 40 hour week for somebody else, even if the pay is no better.

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

I just think about how much money I want to make and break it down into a daily target and force myself to do what's required to achieve it.

Silverisametal likes this.
    Silverisametal

Silverisametal Lab Tech Premium Member

One thing i'm going to start adding to my 'nightly routine' is to have a moment reflecting on my day...

Did I do the best I could today to support my family, and to support the business?

If the answer is yes then thats great, if the answer is no, then what can I do differently tomorrow?

Marketing Quotes

Marketing Quotes Freshman

When I read something like this, I always think about Carnegie, Rockefeller and other people that did/do great things. They did not wallow in despair, they did things regardless of circumstances. Kill all distractions. There's only one goal and focus - to win.

Proxyhotdeals

Proxyhotdeals Internet Services Hosting Company Representative

Focus and concentrate time is gold

sin123

sin123 Freshman

Hi,
    Set some goals before starting work,once you set goals in your mind automatically you will concentrate on your work.

Shard Accounting

Shard Accounting Applicant

It is my living, no work, no money is one, but more important I enjoy what I do, and my services help small businesses to succeed. Motivation enough.

Florence Maya

Florence Maya Applicant

good post

Whitedesk

Whitedesk Freshman

I just think of the bills I have to pay and BAM! I'm good and ready to go :)