1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Have you ever reported something on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook Users' started by Maevla, Mar 1, 2015.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

So yesterday someone shared onto my timeline a video. It was a video of a 13 year old girl being repeatedly hit with a belt by a coward in a wheelchair. I watched about 40 seconds until I'd had enough, she must have been hit about 20 times in that short space of time before i turned it off.

I was apalled, and publicly told my friend she was wrong to share that video. It had over 2.5 million views with loads of comments about how wrong it was.

I actually reported it to Facebook, along with the original poster of the video, a junior working with Ralph Lauren no less as containing graphic violence.

Facebooks response - (received back in less than 2 hours) thank you for reporting but we aren't taking the video down or banning the poster as it doesn't constitute a violation of our community policy.

So to me Facebook condone child abuse. In plain sight no less.

Nny

Nny Freshman

Facebook's rules on what's acceptable are ridiculous. I've reported images glorifying domestic violence (specifically misogynistic domestic violence) but that's not a problem to them. You can actually post images of dead, beaten, bruised bodies so long as the majority of the guts are on the inside. So you can see a caved in head so long as the brains aren't on the floor next to it.

But pictures of women breastfeeding, even when you can't see the nipple, get taken down immediately.

Adam H

Adam H Have a Break, Have a KitKat

Facebooks rules are hit and miss and i think it very much depends on who deals with it at facebook and their personal feelings towards it, ive seen countless people complaining their pictures of their small children with just a nappy on or something silly being removed because its made someone on their friends list uncomfortable...........If someone feels uncomfortable with a small child with a nappy on doing something funny or just looking cute then id be asking serious questions about who's on my friends list and what their state of mind is. All a bit dark if you ask me.

Nny

Nny Freshman

Definitely, if you can't look at a picture of a child in a nappy without getting uncomfortable you should ask yourself some serious questions!

NickHarrison

NickHarrison Graduate

I just searched that thing. Found it on youtube and it's removed already. So, maybe at least youtube have a sound policy. The video you saw was probably hosted on youtube, right?

Oh just found it, won't comment on it...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if it was hosted on Youtube- I don't usually open any of these videos on my timeline to be honest - got better things to be doing and I'm not often on Facebook anyway, I make more use of Twitter and Ello these days, so didn't go looking. Appalling they didn't take it down so hopefully YouTube does have a more sensible and sound policy. What's more scary is the amount of shares and likes it had. 2.5million. What sort of depraved society do we live in!

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

Nope. Wouldn't really expect Facebook to take it that seriously if I did. They are only a playground.

Maevla likes this.
    mrs orangetree

mrs orangetree The real Mrs O

Funnily enough ... they banned me. They did so because my name (which is my real name) didn't meet their naming rules.

So, you can beat up a child, but you cannot be called Orangetree.

Facebook has grown beyond its founders ability to manage it and the people they have employed aren't capable of steering what is probably the biggest and among the most important communities in the World. Like Frankenstein Zukerberg and co created a monster!

NickHarrison

NickHarrison Graduate

I like how you described it!

But your name is Orangetree? First or last name? Nice to meet you, I'm Cactus!

mrs orangetree

Hi Cactus .... I hope you don't want to join Facebook :p

Orangetree is my lastname :) My first is far more sensible, it is Mrs.

Maevla likes this.
    NickHarrison

NickHarrison Graduate

Send Facebook a copy of your ID !!!

mrs orangetree

I did!!

NickHarrison

NickHarrison Graduate

How should I call you in short? Orange or Tree? Or should I cut off the formalities and call you Mrs. :D

Maevla likes this.
    Collaboration

Collaboration Collaboration is working with others to do a task.

Yes I did, I reported some one on facebook because of hate speech against other community. So I have reported him..