1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Google builds data-after-death tool

Discussion in 'Google + Users' started by Mad Lab Rat, Apr 12, 2013.

Mad Lab Rat

Mad Lab Rat Mad Lab Rat

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Interesting...

What do you want to happen to your data when you pop your clogs? Do you have any plans in place?

Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

Are we bothered?

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

Do you actually care what will happen with the data after you are no more here? But it is good to have an option!

aclifford

aclifford Applicant

hahah like the guys said - it's cool to have an option. I think every user should have an additional text box in their registration form - email my data to - and that's it. all your data to be collected and send to the desired person.

Adam H

Adam H Have a Break, Have a KitKat

There will be a divide between the people which have no data of any value and those that consider the info quite valuable.

I quite like the idea to be able to pass the account data to someone else and do so already with other services such as server access, I have already outlined what should happen to certain web properties should i pop my clogs, the other half isnt internet savvy and if i got hit by a car or something horrible then with out instruction everything would be lost with in 6 - 12 months when the server bills run out or domains expire.

I have detailed information on access instructions, valuations and where/or who see should be contacting to sell everything if im no longer around. At 31 it may seem a bit morbid but with out it i could potentially leave her with nothing with out this info which wouldnt be good.

theangrydog

theangrydog Domaining & Web Development

I think people should be concerned with data after death,
    I'm in the same boat as Adam my wife doesn't know the differance between a .com & a .co, let alone what to do with premium domains, I've left instructions and access info etc,

ProDemon

ProDemon Graduate Premium Member

Must be a running trend, I too have given my wife access info and instructions should the worst happen!