1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Good website for a startup

Discussion in 'Business Advice for Start-ups' started by websitebuildersteacher, Jun 18, 2014.

websitebuildersteacher

websitebuildersteacher Applicant

For many (most?) startups it's important to have a good website from the very start. It must look good, but, of course, can't be expensive, because it's important to save money especially at the beginning (I'm both a webdesigner and an enterpreneur so I know what I'm saying ;P).

Fortunately, you don't have to outsource the process of creating a web site. You can do one without any help. Just use one of great tools called website builders.

There are milions of websites created by their owners, not by webdesigners, coders, etc on the web.

With website builder it's easy to create even a professional-looking website. The most important is to choose a good website builder. You can find a list of good website builders on my website http://WebsiteBuildersTeacher.com. It's new, but I will consequently be publishing articles and tutorials.

Toastking

Toastking Trainee Lab Tech

Hey - welcome to the forums.

It may be because I use a tiny Apple Macbook but there is an attempt at a pop up on your own website, where I can see its there as the edge is poking on to the left of my screen but I cannot make the rest of it appear.

Hope this helps

websitebuildersteacher

websitebuildersteacher Applicant

Thanks, getrichquickexp, for your post. I have a social widget on my website with sharing buttons - maybe this is problematic. I'll try to find an alternative. Thanks for your feedback again.

Toastking likes this.
    DuncanH

DuncanH Applicant

Yeah I see the same widget thing on the right hand side using my ipad, so I hope that helps when it comes to formatting.

rrwshopfitters

rrwshopfitters Freshman

I found a website powered by wordpress a good option. I used a website builder ( being lazy) rather than taking a slighlty more technical route. The lack of options to get into the coding with out paying extra frustrated me. It also ment i couldnt get into the bakcbones and do some proper SEO stuff.
    In the end i decided to go with wordpress, when I ran into problems I used one of the many videos on youtube that take you through step by step

I now rank 3rd ont he first page of google for my targetted keywords and 1st for a slight variation of it.

I would recommend anyone with a bit of time and a bit of tech savy to give it a go

DesignsOnline.co.uk

DesignsOnline.co.uk Graduate

Wordpress is a great inexpensive option for anyone on a budget.
    Many website are built using Wordpress these days.

Joe

smg_uk

smg_uk Do the right thing.

You cant fault wordpress as a platform for a first website, it offers exponential room for growth in terms of seo, function and size. I would recommend staying away from off the shelf sites, unless you are in a very specific field. They often hamper seo, limit size and development.

Vero Mandro

Vero Mandro Applicant

Here is the website for your startup ideas., Ecommerce Website offering your products in a physical store or you’re offering them through an e-commerce store, label and packaging design plays a huge part in building brand awareness & identity and thus influences your sales and the amount of those customers keep returning. Please visit : Appkodes Fantacy

Mineral Minds

Mineral Minds Applicant

If it is a new business and you are strapped for cash, go with a paid Wordpress account or Wix. With little knowledge of WP or little money to pay someone who does, your site is never going to be as good as those who have those resources, but nonetheless it is quite easy nowadays to make something look alright with just this.

The most important thing to bear in mind is that prior to building anything, you need to know what you want it to do and what you want it to roughly look like. Do not pick a WP template becuase you think it is flashy, only to find out that it is not designed to suit your needs. Make sure what you build is both functional and beautiful.