1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Golden Years

Discussion in 'The Cake and Coffee House' started by Whitedesk, May 7, 2017.

Whitedesk

Whitedesk Freshman

How do you see yourself at the age of 50-60? Would you still be working? What are your personal plans? I just want to compare notes and see if I'm on the right track in terms of planning and reaching my goals. Thanks.

missyflink

missyflink Freshman

well, i see myself retired by the age of 60. hopefully i have enough savings and investments by that time. you know what i learned? that you should plan your retirement early.

Whitedesk

Whitedesk Freshman

Thanks. I have a few investment as well in terms of properties and some funds that I have put in the bank under a savings account. I am actually considering the offer from my local credit union regarding retirement planning. I am not so keen since I have always used commercial and bigger banks. Any input on local credit union their retirement plans and their commercial real estate loans?

Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana Full-time mom, part-time superhero

I see myself teaching in the university and consulting for organizations in my 50s and 60s.

JDFilms

JDFilms Applicant

I'll hopefully still be active in some field that interests me when I'm into my sixties. I'd definitely recommend Peter Drucker's on second careers in 'managing oneself'. got some really useful insights about both how to plan for your golden years and how to play to your own strengths.

Boult93

Boult93 Freshman

I am planning to start my own business at 40