1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Get your free & secure PDF creator!

Discussion in 'General Business Talk' started by TamaraDigi, Mar 1, 2010.

TamaraDigi

TamaraDigi Guest

Prompted by yet further Adobe security concerns, many businesses and consumers are now questioning the real capabilities and value for money of their document creation software.

Despite its origin, the PDF format is now an international open standard and G***** Graphics has radically redrawn this marketplace by making quality PDF and XPS creation and viewing completely free. With IT budgets still under pressure, there has not been a better time to consider switching to a trustworthy supplier of PDF software focused on ease of use and simplicity.

*Snip* is the only enterprise quality PDF creation and viewing software tool that is available for free.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

So £200 is the new free:wtf:

I was interested in this until I found out the free only relates to the evaluation edition. 1-4 business licences are £200 each :tdn:

TamaraDigi

TamaraDigi Guest

Yes this is an evaluation version however dependant upon your needs, it still enables you to convert and edit PDFs which is fine for internal usage despite a branded watermark.

LAHornbogen

LAHornbogen Freshman

simonr

simonr Freshman

I'm confused, sorry - why would anyone pay for PDF creation, when OpenOffice (and Macs) do it robustly and free?

What have I missed?

AvensisOwner

AvensisOwner Applicant

why would you send pdf's internally? surely as you already know the software they are using there is no point in changing to PDF?

and a watermark going out to a client is barely what I would class as professional. And why use this software rather than a free library such as fpdf?

B_Cal

B_Cal Graduate

Used pdf995.com for years.

Quick simple, reliable - all you have to put up is some advertising in return for FREE

Never had an issue with a document produced by it.

Cheers

Roy

LAHornbogen

LAHornbogen Freshman

matt.chatterley

matt.chatterley Web & Software Developer Premium Member

Same here. I installed PDF995 years ago when we used to use QuickBooks. QB has long since landed on the bonfire heap, but PDF995 is pretty much here to stay.

RSBookkeeping

RSBookkeeping Freshman

I use Office 2007 and MS have a utility to download from the website that lets you change word and excel file into pdf's. I find it very useful as people aren't able to change the information that I send them, and I think it looks a bit more professional

The Business GP

The Business GP Applicant

Hi RSBookkeeping,

I agree with you, the MS items are already good enough. If you want to pay for something then that should be based on needing to 'edit' a PDF which very few people do. In fairness there is no such thing as a full secure file, barring the old handwritten/typed copy which is hand delivered, signed for, watched and returned by one person.......

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech

Nice to see UKBL on the ball regarding drive by spam :)

Emma

Emma Senior Lab Tech

Quite rare for a UK IP. Flagged as suspicious from joining but given benefit of the doubt. We're too nice! :p ;) :)

Mick Johnson

Mick Johnson Freshman

Cunning little trick if you want to prevent editing of pdf's that were created in word, excel, etc. Import the document into photoshop (or similar) and save as a .jpg with photoshop editing turned off. Then save it as a .pdf for onward transmission. Just adds that extra bit of difficulty for anyone wanting to rip it off!!

brianabbott

brianabbott Freshman

Hi Lesley-Anne,

How do I edit a PDF with Cute PDF?

I have Windows 7 64-bit and have tried editing a PDF using Open Office and Inkscape, but neither work.

I am aware of PDF Escape, an online editor, but the maximum file size is restricted to 2mb and I can't get my file size down that low (it's 12.3mb, but I can't get it smaller than about 6mb).

Regards,

Brian

thinkingforward

thinkingforward Applicant

Primo PDF is another free one that is great! I've had clients use it to send us work before and no problems touch wood!:)