1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

facebook advertising

Discussion in 'Facebook Users' started by LindsayInteriors, Sep 23, 2010.

phicksteven

phicksteven Applicant

It depends on the category of the ads which is based on. I am based in India and it costs me around 10-15 bucks per hit.

ptorres

ptorres Freshman

Whether it works for you or not really depends on your offer, message & call to action.
    Are you redirecting visits to a landing page or just main website?
    It all counts.

Mark likes this.
    Sting4

Sting4 Applicant

Personally i am a big fan and have seen some good results from facebook advertising....

however I am currently having a bit of a problem on 2 of my pages with the facebook offers tool as this doesn't appear to be available but is on other ages that i manage... the only guidance that i can find is that you must have 50 likes on your page which i do... however some forums suggest that outisde of the US this number is 400, could anyone please offer advice on this?

FaerieB

FaerieB Graduate

thelegalstop likes this.
    FaerieB

FaerieB Graduate

I forgot this bit ... and I'm not sure if it's true so perhaps a Google expert can clarify.

Google+ still looks at the number of Facebook likes you have so even though they're useless on Facebook, they may still count on your overall ranking. x

Adam H

Adam H Have a Break, Have a KitKat

This is a discussion which could go on and on with someone that doesnt completely understand the levels which are involved "being a factor" , thinking that the more Likes, shares and +1's you have instantly give you some kind of boost is not how it works, much like Google search algorithm there are factors of the factors, social signals are not a direct cause of effect or at least in the normal every day sense.

Think of it in the terms of quality rather than quantity, i.e the type of people and how well they are known ( like an authority in that niche ) liking your post rather than hundreds of people liking your post will most likely be more beneficial for you.

This is a good thing as you can just as easily go and purchase 20,000 facebook likes from lemming accounts and obviously the effect of those "fake" likes will be non-existent, on the flip side of that argument of "buying" likes you have the pure and simple human impression marketing, the more likes a page has it gives people the "impression" that its hugely busy and are more likely to look into the page more as a result. If that pages keeps up appearances and is active, has active like's along with the fake...then fakes can act as a catalyst to draw in real people, but not in any way shape of form will it help with any kind of ranking factor.

There is a nice little info graphic here which is a basic description of social signals :

How Social Signals Impact Search Engine Rankings

FaerieB likes this.
    FaerieB

FaerieB Graduate

That's what I thought Adam. Some of the Facebook groups I belong to to are a bit suspect to say the least. Got a proper onslaught off one for daring to mention certain things about Google then I got banned ... then bizaarly (sp?) they invited me back. :w:

They do mental things like joining "Like" Ladders :wtf:x