1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

facebook advertising

Discussion in 'Facebook Users' started by LindsayInteriors, Sep 23, 2010.

printing365

printing365 Applicant

We've been facebook ppc advertising on facebook, we set a daily limit of £35.00, our first day we had over 400,000 impressions and a quite a few clicks and had around 37 emails requesting quotes. We still get that sort of numbers of emails, generating us a few thousand pound a day at the moment, Fridays seem to be the quietest day with referrals from Facebook and Mondays are the busiest.

For £35.00 a day its worked out really good for us, it makes more for us than Google ever did.

thepeacock

thepeacock Applicant

Something I picked up from a recent conference was that if you keep them on facebook for whatever you want them to do, the conversion rate is 500% higher than if you take them to an external site.

The prices haven risen considerably recently and as everyone is in the same "auction" you are up against some big budgets / high conversion stuff (hence the spammy lead generation stuff).

For a T-shirt website I started promoting recently I got a much better ROI in terms of "likers" by offering a prize for all new fans on a page I created (facebook page is here - note the strong call to action!). Remains to be seen if I can convert them to buyers later on though!

Whether it works for you depends mostly on what you are promoting / what you are happy to get out of it and how closely you are able to target people inline with that. I saw one feature is that you can target people on their birthdays which might be a good way (if you have a special offer exclusive for them).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    katiestar

katiestar Freshman

yes we've had excellent results from targeting niche groups of people with specific interests. Writing the copy to be specific to the people you are targeting really helped us to get more clicks.

gavme

gavme Freshman

We run pay per click on Facebook. It is effective and helps with the brand building and the CPC is cheaper than on Google adwords but then it needs to be as you are less likely to make the conversion from Facebook as they haven't decided to search for your service like they do on Google, they might just have a mild interest in seeing what it is about.

Remote Techs

Remote Techs Freshman

I am glad this thread came back to life, I have been toying with the Idea for a while!
    Our perfect target market for remote computer repair, virus removal etc, would be almost any Facebook user since they have a computer (There may be a very small percent that don't own the computer they are connecting to Facebook from) and an internet connection. But the feed back here seems to be better from people operating in a niche markets, so I am not sure if it would work out or not!?!!
    I may have to give it a trial

Kimberley-Jane Design

Kimberley-Jane Design Applicant

Wow that sounds really good! I was going to say - the problem with facebook is that people use it in their spare time and dont necessarily want to be advertised to (or pay attention) when they're chatting to friends, but this may have changed my mind. :tup:

Jay Maxar

Jay Maxar Applicant

really want to know how it works

Tom

Tom Applicant

As suggested at the beginning of the thread, sending them to a fan page and collecting leads that way is the most effective way to go at the moment. There is data around the net that shows this. Putting an e-mail opt in on the Facebook page means you can collect "likes" and e-mail addresses simultaneously too.

Depending on what niche you're targeting FB ads can be around 25% cheaper than Google PPC. Always a good idea to measure the cost per lead.

Be sure to test, test, test. Have multiple adverts ready to circulate through a campaign. Pictures seem to provide the biggest improvement on CTR as they are the biggest conversion point.

Test based on data accumulated as well. You can see what kinds of people are clicking through and liking using the reporting features, and going by the "birds of a feather flock together" theory this can improve targeting. In other words, friends of friends like similar things and buy similar products, so basing your targeting on these kinds of factors will can help conversion too.

Phew, rabbited on a bit there! All of this is based on my findings so don't take my word for it. Test everything and see what works.

PDQPaymentsLtd likes this.
    William Debauchez

William Debauchez Freshman

I've had one of my first online successes thanks to Fb ads.
    Since then CPC has multiplied by 4...Is it still good ? Yes.
    Do I use is as much ? Not really.

Fb Ads work well to promote Fb pages, where the conversion can take place.
    Your CPC will be lower as Fb rewards the user staying inside Fb instead of escaping.

The idea is to setup and ad for your targeted audience. The ad points to your page.

Then when you have 500 Likes on your page, pause the ad.
    Use "Friends of Fans" for targeting on our ad (or a duplicate ad you create for that purpose). Activate.

Your "like" conversions will now soar because your ad only gets viewed by friends of your "fans" who are likely to have common interests with people who may like what you do too, and therefore, fan the page.

Conversion takes place on the page, using tabs.

We don't do Fb pages nor bespoke tabs I'm afraid, but we have a free welcome tab generator we developed here that lets you do a cool welcome tab in 5 minutes:

Get your own FREE Facebook Fan Page Template in 5 minutes

-> All we ask is if you like it, that you give us a kind comment at the bottom of the page.

If you have a very high converting offer, then, yes, I'd still use Fb ads in the conventional way. But it needs to be really converting.

Hair extensions

Hair extensions Applicant

I'm curious about why you have a limit on this campaign, with a ROI of 100:1, it would make sense to have the campaign uncapped. If you could get £350 worth of enquiries at these conversions, you would be making tens of thousands a day. . . Obviously, any business can only handle so much business but think of the growth. . .

Is anybody running an FB PPC campaign for online sales and tracking conversions? It would be nice to get some stats to compare conversion rates from FB with the ones from Adwords.

davehayes

davehayes Applicant

This is an Interesting Thread and one that as a Social Media Marketing Consultant, caught my eye to Post this reply, I hope no one has any objections.

May I say that the questions posed in here are common place, but not Insurmountable as long as you know what you are doing. FB PPC ads are allegedly accurate, but IME are also very costly, Unless you know what you are doing.

At FBA we are aware that these can also be VERY time Consuming for you & so provide Cost Effective Media Solutions which Take all the HASSLE out of this for you leaving you with the NICE part of dealing with the Customer Service, to cement the Relationship.

If this appeals to you, then please feel free to take a look at the Forum we provide, which additionally is benefitting from masses of SEO work, that is making it rise to the TOP of Search engines, the result of which will be more exposure for YOUR Business .Registration is FREE and See how you can benefit from it.

I hope this reply has been of use to you

Dave

William Debauchez

William Debauchez Freshman

I didn't think this was allowed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    profscooter

profscooter Freshman

I'm trying FB ads again at the moment having had an initial largely unsuccessful foray last year. I have targeted my ads more finely this time, previously the ads were displayed to too many under 18s who are unlikely to be in a position to buy. Also I've done a better landing page and resigned myself to just increasing my page "likes" rather than being able to track specific people breaking out of FB and making a sale on the main web site. I have got a tracking flag in my web stats for sales from Facebook but the scorers for that have not been troubled thus far, whereas my Adwords do pretty well in terms of recorded conversions. FB page likes are increasing though.

datingintheuk

datingintheuk Applicant

expensive

Facebook is expensive, but to be fair, it offers targeted advertising.

andicrook

andicrook Graduate

Same with any paid advertising campaign, its only expensive if its not making a profit :)

davehayes

davehayes Applicant

I have a Facebook Page, but don't run any ads for it, Instead I use the Likes of Twitter & Google+ To Drive Traffic To it. I did try FB paid ads, but got so little return on it, I tried something different. It works Quite welll for me so far

jonnop

jonnop Freshman

Facebook Ads Guide

I've written an article explaining Facebook Ads and the different options available. I'm also available for consultancy on how to make the best use of Ads. One tip for you...Ads tend to work best if they're connected with Facebook activity and are 'soft sell'. Ads linked to websites and going straight for the sale rather than say a sign up or survey...not so good. http://intranetfuture.com/a-guide-to-facebook-ads/

FutureNetMedia likes this.
    FutureNetMedia

FutureNetMedia Freshman

This is a nice article! Thanks for sharing :)

The Cue Store

The Cue Store Junior Lab Tech

How did you use Twitter and Google+ to drive traffic?

physics

physics Applicant

I have not availed the PPC in FB but know that we can generate a good traffic through social network sites because if someone likes your link it will notify to his/her friends thereby a probability that they also will visit your website.