1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

facebook advertising

Discussion in 'Facebook Users' started by LindsayInteriors, Sep 23, 2010.

LindsayInteriors

LindsayInteriors Freshman

Hi has anyone paid for any pay per click advertsing on FB? Just done my first one but am impatient for results and wanted to know if anyone else has used it and if it worked well??

Thanks, Jo

LAHornbogen

LAHornbogen Freshman

I have recently done some advertising on Facebook - total cost approx £22.50 for 6 days. On average had 5 to 6 clicks per day on the advert - no conversions.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

I tried it, too. I think that unless you're targeting a very, very small niche, facebook ads will have the same effect as throwing a pebble into the Pacific Ocean.

It's the same old story; massive budget; massive return.

:)

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

I tried it a while ago - not worth it IMO if you aren't going to spend a huge amount.

andicrook

andicrook Graduate

You really need to know your demographics and the type of offers that work from that type traffic.
    Also you cant get it right first time, however, I agree you could probably spend your money better elsewhere first.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    LindsayInteriors

thanks for the replies all, I took the plunge and have had 51 clicks since 4pm with 10 new "likers", getting new "likers" was my main aim, have spent 29 gbp to get this far so am quite impressed at the moment!!

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

Ahh hadn't thought about it from a "likers" point of view. I can see the benefit to that and although the ads don't get you direct sales the fact you "have" them as a captive audience could. Nice work!

matt.chatterley

matt.chatterley Web & Software Developer Premium Member

As mentioned and alluded to - it works well for building up fan pages - if you're going to use it to bring in direct traffic and try to make sales then you'll be in a similar place as you would with adwords (need a fair budget to acheive good results) - although I prefer the way targetting works in Facebook and can only see it improving.

From the 'likers' point of view it's good - and reasonably effective. Think about it this way, too:

You have a business FB page which you use as part of your marketing strategy. Running adverts, you build up your 'likers' (we need a better name for 'em!) - whom you can then market to.

If it costs 50p per click to advertise, and 1 in 10 "like" the page, thats an average of £5.00 per liker. Given that you can now market to them at will - and will only lose their attention if you do so poorly or have mislead them as to the purpose of your page - that seems a decent price to pay.

Depends on what you're going to do with them once they sign up and how easy it is to convert a liker into a customer, mind you!

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

Sounds like a good plan to me - will have to take another look! I want 4 more "likers" so I can get my vanity url :p

LindsayInteriors

Thanks All, will let you know the results, my advert finishes at 11pm tonight.

NikkiPilkington

NikkiPilkington Lab Tech

I often run campaigns for new clients' Facebook pages, with the aim of getting 'Likes' - it works well for B2B and REALLY well for B2C so is worth throwing £50 or so at.

LindsayInteriors

My advert has finished running now so thought I would give you an update on how it faired -

I targeted 18-60 plus women in the UK, the advert made 526,860 impressions out of a potential 11 million, out of that 120 people clicked, 13% of who then "liked" my page.

All in all I wouldn't rush to do it again as those likers still have to convert to sales but it only cost me 70 gbp.

Jo

sdesign1

sdesign1 Graduate

seems realy expensive for what they are offering, i personally wouldnt pay for advertisments on facebook, however I belive if you have a niche product or service, fb advertising may have some benifits.

weknowbusiness

weknowbusiness Applicant

From a music point of view, Facebook ads are great for inviting people to gigs etc - I know a couple of my friends use it for this.

@toyboywarehouse

@toyboywarehouse Applicant

We have done a facebook ad campaign since 2007 and it has been far more effective than google adwords. However in the last year PPC has more than doubled and we're rethinking our strategy with them. I would recommend creating a fan page and maybe doing a quiz on your topic and get interest going like that and that part is all free :)

AdamW

AdamW Lab Manager

Like that idea alot! :shamemb:mart:

SteveH

SteveH Freshman

Facebook along with Twitter and a blog for your business are tools that can be used to compliment each other and help you get your 'message' out there. One fast way to reach potential customers is to check your local BBC radio station and see if they do a segment about local life, you could probably invite yourself onto the show and be interviewed about your business, they often do a half hour segment and also hold your details in case listeners phone in to ask more about you, which they do! It is not perfect but it is a great way to boost your marketing for free, just needs your time to contact the BBC local station and then arrange to go there for the interview! I have done it a couple of times, actually drawing live on the radio, they took photos and out them on their website for people to go look at! It was fun and helped my PR and it is always cool to tell people after that you have been interviewed by the BBC!

Pimlico

Pimlico Trainee Lab Tech

You lot obviously get a better class of FB advert. I only get spammer/scammer type ads.

So I click them of course, Mark needs the money.

Have I said this before?

Pimlico

Pimlico Trainee Lab Tech

You lot obviously get a better class of FB advert. I only get spammer/scammer type ads.

So I click them of course, Mark needs the money.

Have I said this before?

ping

ping Senior Lab Tech

i really wouldnt bother with the pay per click but i do use a facebook group and main page for my business on facebook as well as having my own personal page too where now and again i give the odd plug lol
    If you use facebook or twitter put links to the pages on your site!
    im probably telling you to suck eggs here..