1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

England have no chance

Discussion in 'The Cake and Coffee House' started by LordLoveRocket, May 30, 2014.

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

England won't get past the 1st round. This is the worst squad I have ever known.

Wont even be watching.

The cheeky money is on Uruguay. :tup:

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

But, but "three lions on the shirt"... "Ingerrlund" etc. :lol:

I agree though. Zero chance (as always). My money's on Germany.

Toastking

Toastking Trainee Lab Tech

I would disagree. It's not the worst squad we've had, we usually just over-rate our players further. I think we are finally looking like we have potential if we play the youngsters more NOW, we might be good in 2-4 years, and by good I mean hitting quarter and semi finals, not winning.

This year I wouldn't be surprised if we lost all three games or somehow scraped through then get knocked out in the first knockout round, either way its not going to be good.

Its South America so I only see Brazil or Argentina winning it!

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

I agree and that swayed me to pick Uruguay as a cheeky bet - worth a couple of quid on them.

Sweepstakes anyone? :>-D:

Toastking

Unfortunately Uruguay without Suarez looked a bit average the other night and with his injury problems, I see him being a Rooney - turning up and not really showing anything becuase he should still be on the physio routine!

Mark and (deleted member) like this.
    LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

I think that by the time the next world cup is on I want to be married. My cousin got married the day of England's first game in the last WC. Needless to say massive reductions were to be had at the wedding venue.........

WC games means it's quiet in the gym, and quiet everywhere really. Nice time to get some shopping done lol.

[​IMG]

captaincloser

captaincloser View from the Crow's nest

Will you be marrying Lady loverocket or a new model ? If the latter the former might not be over the moon :no:

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

Ten years in November and her 30th the following Feb. Only proposed in 2006 in Florence though............

Best mates wedding next year too. He's an Indian so that should give you a better of idea of the time and cash that will be involved.

Better get selling because it will be a dear one.

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Edge

Edge Trainee Lab Tech

I think I'd much prefer to see us lose 4 - 3 than get a 0 0 draw to be honest. What's the point of relying on experienced players - sure, that worked really well for us last time didn't it? Uh last two times. Uh last ...

I simply can't remember Rooney doing anything memorable for England. Ever since that hair graft he's been totally mediocre. Throw on Barkley, Shaw and Sterling and let's have a bit of ambition, take a risk and have a bit of fun. If we did happen to get a couple of goals then chuck the experienced players on to protect the lead.

I'm not expecting anything so quite relaxed about it.

Probably be screaming at the box and swearing my head of by 11:15 pm on Saturday though - just as well the kids will be in bed.

Spock

Spock Graduate

This is the first time as a nation we aren't expecting the team to do well. If we were playing in Europe I might be cheeky and say we might just get to the quarters, but in that south american heat it's going to be really tough on the boys.

Our work sweepstake gave me Argentina, which is nice :D

captaincloser likes this.
    LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

Nice final goal for Brazil but there was a whole load of cheating and bad decisions there....:tdn:

Toastking

I'd agree. I think Big Phil's embarrassed himself by coming out and saying its a penalty. I'd tend to agree more with the kovac view that billions watching didn't think it was a penalty.

That said I prefer Brazil over Croatia so I'm not that bothered! Wish I'd gone for Neymar as top scorer in our work predictions league though.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

Spain. #awkward... :lol:

Toastking likes this.
    Duncan

.....punishment for Diego Costa's treachery. As the pundits said, tired, washed up and football by numbers. Sadly they forgot their latin roots which requires flair and imagination. Meanwhile Holland played with teutonic efficiency not seen since Johan and Jodie trod the boards and they gave the Spaniards less of a kicking this time which is testament to their maturing game. Fergusson will stop any talent transfer to Man Utd though - he has a legacy to protect and he loves himself more than his team.

captaincloser

captaincloser View from the Crow's nest

"90% of life is showing up". A famous line by Woody Allen.

Clearly that's what the Spanish football team thought and they got outmanoeuvred by the Dutch.
    :yes: :yes:

Toastking

There have been lots of goals this time, which they said would be the case due to the football flying normally, which sounds daft but probably right.

I am looking forward to England tonight, I think if Lallana ends up getting dropped for Raheem Stirling I can sort of understand that, I just don't get why Welbeck should get to play either way...

Duncan

I thought Japan played well and were unlucky to lose. If they play to the same standard in the next two matches they can still qualify and go on to win.

Toastking

You really think so? I think Colombia look far too strong.

As for England - I was the happiest I've been with a loss in a long time. I think we need a new centre and right back, but otherwise a fair start if we can start scoring some more of those chances all the better

Duncan

They need to take a leaf out of Sterlings book and play a more attacking game (football not alleged love life). If they do that their defensive deficiencies become irrelevant.

Expectations are so low they have little to lose. On Thursday they should attack, attack, attack.

Over thinking the strategy will lead to another respectable loss and they'll be on the first plane home.