1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Email me - bet you can't!

Discussion in 'Graphic & Web Design' started by Mark, Oct 17, 2016.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

I've had a WordPress issue for some time now in that emailing me via my site's web form doesn't work. http://www.eagleimagery.co.uk/c0nt4ct/

You get the error message: "Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method".

I've updated the plugin but no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Adam H

Adam H Have a Break, Have a KitKat

The Red box normally indicates your website is not able to connect to the mail server, so most likely if its not been updated in some time your host may have disabled phpmail and you need to go through SMTP or a 3rd party such as sparkpost. Obviously cant be 100% sure with out looking at the backend but your first port of call should be your host so they can confirm or diagnose a different problem with the site connecting to the mail server.

Mark

Hi Adam, hope you're well. :)

Many thanks - that's certainly something I would never have thought of and I'll email my hosts to find out.

Adam H

Adam H Have a Break, Have a KitKat

Very well thank you bud :) , Host should either be able to fix it or tell you whats wrong, if its a shared host then its highly likely they've disabled PHP_Mail.

Mark

All fixed in the end. The Plesk server had some 'specifics' about settings and encryption. Not something I would have known.

Credit to VidaHost's team for sorting it - and to you, Adam, for the tip!

Adam H likes this.