1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

eBays new seller performance standards

Discussion in 'eBay and Amazon Users' started by Icyjewels, Sep 10, 2014.

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

I know the seller standards have hit some people big time including myself so I wanted to gain some insite on how everyone else is finding the new seller standards if you still manage to even use eBay effectively.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

I've not used eBay as a seller for years now. What's changed?

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

They have made it extremely unfair for sellers, every case that is opened against you no matter for what reason will lower your DSR rating this is the most major thing.

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

We've had an utter nightmare over this. Our 10 year account was suspended from listing new items this week. It's taken hours on the phone to sort out and when they finally told us the ins and outs of how it is now working for business sellers it was terrifying.

They are even going to start charging businesses shipping if people return items.

Buyers can do whatever the heck they like. Businesses are held accountable even for buyer mistakes.

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

It's actually quite disgusting how they treat sellers, honestly it's better to move onto your own website the way things are going, do you use any other platforms to sell on beside eBay?

ISS

We're about to open up on Amazon actually

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

Ebay, like Paypal, is becoming the fraudsters friend. I can buy from you, take delivery and enjoy the goods, and just claim I never received them.

I can sign for them even, using a false name.

The seller will never win the resulting dispute.

Thankfully, at the moment, most customers do not behave like that.

I do sell stuff on Ebay, but tiny volumes - 95% of sales are from my websites.

ISS

True Paul, so true. Fortunately what we sell on eBay holds no attraction for the scum segment of society who would be most likely to do this. 99.5% of our eBay sales go to companies.

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

It's such a shame that some of the community have turned out to be scammers and fraudsters but I guess you'll find that anywhere you go, only last week 2 customers claimed they never received their items so I looked up the tracking information and it said the item actually arrived a week ago, I put forward the information and I haven't received a reply from them customers till this day. Amazon is alot better but the fees are a real killer I work in the jewelery sector and the fees add up so much on Amazon, I heard eBid may be a good option compared to eBay.

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

Gumtree is also a great option guys plus advertisement is free.

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

Have you got any examples of you being extorted by buyers on ebay?

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

Hmm not really since if customers try to extort sellers then it's a simple matter of speaking to customer service to get the feedback removed if they have left one or their accounts suspended.

ISS

How does "I think you should discount me £5 or I'll leave you negative feedback" work for you Legal?

Icyjewels

Icyjewels Freshman

People like that just make me so bad, but it's best to keep calm, ignore there messages and report them.