1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Ebay Returns Procedure

Discussion in 'eBay and Amazon Users' started by Maevla, Feb 20, 2015.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Is anybody else having issues with the eBay returns procedure as a seller?
    We have an issue this week where a buyer has requested a return for a replacement of one item that appears to be faulty, it was one item out of 6 items, but because he has requested a return, the site thinks he has requested the return of the whole amount of 6 and has subsequently put the PayPal payment of the whole order of hold, in excess of £3k.

Not that isn't an issue really, but made me think about what would happen if we just accepted the return without doing anything? , does eBay think you have received the whole QTY back even though it's a request for a replacement not even a refund?

Are we missing something and doing something wrong and we should see a qty?

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

The Ebay returns procedure is a blunt tool, and in this case probably not going to work. You do not have to use it - you can message the buyer and arrange for the return without using the Ebay procedure at all.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

I wish that were true Paul, but as a seller (business account) the buyer can initiate a return and you have no option to do anything with it.
    It's most definitely a flaw and disregards our own policy, we seem to spend a lot of time on the phone with eBay at the moment sorting issues out.

It's maddening when we have a very fair returns procedure anyway. I can understand how it protects the buyer from con men of which there are bound to be many on eBay, but I didn't sign on for eBay running my business, I think they are going too far to be honest. Isn't that why we have PayPal?

Paul Norman

Paul Norman Businessman

Paypal and Ebay, in my view, are two of a kind. Neither are exactly good at being fair to sellers.

UKBL-Admin likes this.
    UKBL-Admin

UKBL-Admin Administrator Staff Member

I`m working with ebay on a daily basis....
    [...]

I've heard about quite a few businesses that gave up with ebay last year, when they've gone even more OTT with their "buyer protection".
    Question what needs be asking is: How protected are buyers going to be if there will be no sellers left, at all?
    Totally protected, as they won't be able to buy a darn thing....
    /rant over. :notworthy: