1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Does size mater

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by MCSFranchise, Mar 20, 2014.

MCSFranchise

MCSFranchise Applicant

I am franchising our business and created the franchise territory area's that we will be offering out.

My questions would be, if you where looking to buy a franchise would the size of territory be a big issue to you i.e of it was say for example a territory with 30,000 business over a territory with 70,000..

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

No.

If I was setting up my own cleaning business I would do lots of market research but if I was buying a franchise I would want to know the timing and flows of cash from me to you and vice versa. Then I would want you to explain your assumptions and compare them to actual experience in other areas.

In other words the whole point of a franchise is I'm paying you to make my life easier?

Also the number of businesses is a single meaningless piece of data, what about density, success rates (i.e. South East v North East) number of competitors on patch etc etc.

Please take my comments constructively as I have respected the way you have dealt with criticism in other threads and my bluntness is because it takes fewer words.

Cheers

Duncan

MASSEY likes this.
    ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

Why are you asking about my mother?

Duncan likes this.
    Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

........thought 'manhood' had auto corrected to 'mother' then read the title again. Very good. :lol:

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

I was edificated proper Duncan me awld china...

MASSEY

MASSEY Trainee Lab Tech

I didn't want to be the first to innuendo, however tempting it was.

MCSFranchise

MCSFranchise Applicant

I did think that when I first created the post :)

captaincloser

captaincloser View from the Crow's nest

:rolleyes: Is this a Max Clifford thread ?