1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Do you think it is worth a business having a facebook page?

Discussion in 'Facebook Users' started by Cara/Tonisha, May 6, 2015.

Cara/Tonisha

Cara/Tonisha Applicant

Facebook is something that a majority of people use and is one of the best places for marketing. Do any of you have business facebook pages? Do you think it is worth having one?

Thank you!

mrs orangetree

mrs orangetree The real Mrs O

its free ... why not. But if you do go for one, keep it regularly update.

Karma Content

Karma Content Freshman

Depends on which type of business you have. Generally I've found they're not that useful for B2B, but if you're B2C, then they can be very useful. There are exceptions of course.

Cara/Tonisha

Cara/Tonisha Applicant

Thank you! Just wanted to know others opinions on businesses on facebook. My business is B2B, it is a support service for other businesses.

Karma Content

Karma Content Freshman

It won't do any harm to have one, but I'd be focussing on Linkedin and Twitter if I were you.

mrs orangetree

mrs orangetree The real Mrs O

If I were you, whilst looking for business I would try all avenues available. Time is probably a commodity you have spare at the moment ... make lots of noise, anywhere you can. Go networking, see if there is a BDaily person locally you can tap up for some free editorial, see if your local print press could give your business a bit of editorial. Make the formation of your young womens business a bit of a story and keep telling it to whoever will listen.

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

We have one but don't get any business from it - we are B2B - and face book doesn't really work for our industry. We wouldn't not have one though - as you never know what may change, but I agree with Mrs Orangetree - make sure you keep it updated if you are going to have one, nothing worse than landing on a page - anywhere - that is two years out of date.

Toni Rose

Toni Rose Graduate

It's free so you have nothing to lose by having one but as others have said if you decide to have one make sure you keep it updated if I land on a business Facebook page and it hasn't been updated for a while I won't click like and I wouldn't interact with the page as I wouldn't think anyone would be there to read it. It's worth trying to build a presence on all of the social media networks our company has a Facebook page, a twitter page and a LinkedIn page but we have somebody dedicated to posting on all 3 of them daily and responding almost immediately to any interaction we do get even if we know its not going to bring us business! If people know your name and recognise your brand they are more likely to think of you when they do need your product or service. Use your business pages to network in relevant groups and pages and try to offer advice and answer questions on those kinds of pages its all about getting your name out there! :)

FitKit Matt

FitKit Matt Freshman

As mentioned in comments above, it's free and takes minutes to set up. I find it useful as my clients can interact with each other on the page. I've now also set up a facebook group so my clients can add their friends to the group which has brought in a few more sales!

CygnusB

CygnusB Graduate

I think once I'm fully at home , I might take this up on behalf of the wife, see if I can make it work! I like a good challenge.

BarneyBlue23

BarneyBlue23 Trainee Lab Tech

Why not if it's free, so long as you keep up to it!

Collaboration

Collaboration Collaboration is working with others to do a task.

Facebook is free. you should go for it.

Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson Applicant

It depends on your business. If Facebook page is useful for your business, then you can use it. but you need to update it on a regular basis.

JoeInTheMiddle

JoeInTheMiddle Start up your Business

If your business is B2C and you can create conversation and interest around your products I would say go for it. If you're going to do it you must commit fully, there is nothing worse than a half arsed Facebook page.

zahirahahmedsheikh

zahirahahmedsheikh Applicant

Million of people are using facebook, its easy way to promote your business...

Krystsina

Krystsina Freshman

Hey!

I would say that it is definitely worth having a Facebook page. I'm managing a few Facebook pages of companies, and actually one company doesn't have a website at all, only a Facebook page. And it is very successful as the amount of followers of the page is quite big - more than 10k gained for 5 months, I believe it is quite a good number. So if you are doubting on having a Facebook page for your company or not, I would recommend to have it!

Mike W

Mike W Accountant Leeds

It adds some legitimacy to your business to. Most reputable businesses are now socially active.

Proxyhotdeals

Proxyhotdeals Internet Services Hosting Company Representative

Sometime's most of facebook user use it for advertsing ads and business ads promotion

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

We do have one and we use it to promote our services, share posts, engage with our community and monitor the popularity of different pieces of marketing. It's definitely worth it!

sin123

sin123 Freshman

Hi,
    Am using facebook its one of the best way to promote the business.