1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

DIY Stationery

Discussion in 'Graphic & Web Design' started by Mark, Nov 12, 2008.

Mark

Mark Moderator Staff Member

[non-designers] Do you produce your own stationery? If so, what software do you use? Are the results good enough?

Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart Lab Manager

I used to

use a MS template for the letterheads. They were servicable but a bit dull and certainly not original.

However, after being admonished by more and more people for being a cheapskate, I have now gone really posh, had some professionally designed by a client and had them die-stamped, I think it's called, where there is a combination of royal blue ink and shiny gold leaf.

Far better quality than my humble colour laser printer could produce and they impress everyone who sees them.

The same goes for business cards. I used to print my own until a client pointed out that my business was better served promoting it with a really professional image and much thicker cards than I could put through my printer. Hence my order from creative in colour on this forum.

The test I was given was a touch test. She told me to close my eyes and feel my old card and speak out loud what the quality felt like. I ordered some "proper" ones that very day :)

Letusprint.it

Letusprint.it Affordable printing services in London.