1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Anyone Using eBay For Business

Discussion in 'eBay and Amazon Users' started by The Cue Store, Feb 15, 2012.

SetupaCompany

SetupaCompany Trainee Lab Tech

Hmmm interesting quote from that Oak Furniture Land article:

Hmmm £250k a month on PPC or as a backhander to ensure good organic listings I wonder?

The Cue Store

The Cue Store Junior Lab Tech

Must be making it to justify paying that much out a month though.

The Cue Store

Think one of the keys to making a business work on eBay is having a killer description every item you are trying to sell, which will make you stand out more than other business in the same market.

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

No, the key to making a good living in eBay is to either have a unique range of products or to sell thousands of items at bugger all margins, or to have refurbished items at much less than the new price.

The Cue Store

I meant if you are in the same line of business as someone else on eBay.

Toni Rose

Toni Rose Graduate

I know I'm a little late to the party but We use EBay and its been really successful for us (We sell new and refurbished servers, spare parts and IT Kit). Although your products may be on there at a higher price than your competitors if you detailed in your auctions the high quality of your products and specified that they were British made products and that you were supporting local businesses this would help to persuade buyers to buy from you over another cheaper version of the product. In my experience its all about the way you word your auctions if you're lazy with the description your less likely to make the sale! :)

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

We have had a load of orders on eBay since xmas day :) I think the key is availability and information, the more information the better - we aren't the cheapest.