1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Anybody operating Subway franchise?

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by Taskin, Jan 5, 2013.

Taskin

Taskin Applicant

Hi all,

In this forum is there anybody operating a Subway franchise? I'm thinking of buying a Subway franchise in Bristol region. Therefore i'm looking forward to read about experiences of people operating or once operated Subway franchise.

Thanks

theangrydog

theangrydog Domaining & Web Development

A friend a mine has 3 subways in Glasgow best thing she has ever done,
    She borrowed the money for her first one, with 2 years she paid that back and bought another two cash, maybe she was lucky who knows, but I've not heard anything bad about them.

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

I think that Subway got a prise for its franchise. I could be wrong though. I have not tried that, however it is good you are researching ways to start your own business. If you need any help with the documents - contracts, agreements etc., do not hesitate to contact us:)

Techboy

Techboy Freshman

Hi David,

Please can you ask your Subway friend if she would like to be interviewed by me (over e-mail) about how she started out and is getting on with the franchise?

I own www.platejobs.com and A Recipe Website for Cooks and Food Bloggers | GetMeCooking. I would post the interview on www.platejobs.com and would be happy to reference/promote her 3 shops.

If happy to do so, she can contact me via http://www.platejobs.com/contact.

Thanks.

Paul

shaneparkins

shaneparkins Applicant

From what I've heard is that it's hit and miss with Subway - I looked into getting one a couple of years ago, wish I did, it was cheaper but there are horror stories out there.

JoebeeKenobi

JoebeeKenobi Freshman

I don't run a Subway myself but as someone who has been involved in the franchise industry for over 10 years I haven't heard that much bad press about them. There are also the biggest restaurant franchise with more outlets worldwide than even McDonalds. Franchise systems that do not have a solid profitable business model in my experience do not tend to last all that long.

Joel

Truemanbrown

Truemanbrown Freshman

Before you buy the franchise, you should be made aware of a recent tax ruling which affects you directly.

Mark Taylor

Mark Taylor Graduate

Hi Taskin,

I'm a massive subway fan and hope you do well if you go ahead, but...

I know it's a cliche to say that retail all comes down to location, but I think you need to be very precise in your selection here...

I know a number in Glasgow and got to know some of the staff quite well. One in particular is opposite a busy retail park on a busy road but (I am informed) has never made any money. Whilst there was an apparent logic to the choice of location - near Sainsbury's, M&S, Boots, etc... it seems people just don't cross the road to go in! It's amazing how many of our decisions are impulsive!

I also think it's critical to stick to the formula - the outlet in question has quite a few out of stocks and the customer areas is poorly maintained - this starts to switch off regular customers.

Hope I'm not sounding doom and gloom but just wanted to share my views on this.

Best wishes,

M.

Mark and Techboy like this.
    FreelanceScribbler

FreelanceScribbler Freshman

Well, it's not like you can order online or anything.

That said, there's nothing to stop you promoting your shop with a 'lunchtime sandwich service' where an office can order Subway sandwiches en masse for their staff :yes:

Teddybo

Teddybo Applicant

Hi all,

Is there any updates on these Suway franchises?

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

Hi Teddybo - what info are you looking for?

Anwar Hashim

Anwar Hashim Applicant

Hi I just joined this forum, I am a non resident Indian, with about 35 years experience in catering. Hotel school graduate, running food outlets like Cafeterias and Dining Rooms. No Business experience. Want to invest in a food franchise in Uk ( I do not live in Uk). Looking at something like Mac or Subway. Any advice on this matter ??

Naveed Ul-Hassnan

Naveed Ul-Hassnan Applicant

Hi Hashim, I am also looking to invest in Subway and live in UK but do not have food business experience. Can we plan to invest somewhere together? Thanks

jeffnev

jeffnev Graduate

I believe Subway do now offer delivery through take-away services like Just Eat? That could be a boost to the potential to franchise?

geegee

geegee Applicant

i am a subway franchisee selling my store. pm if you are looking to buy one in east mindlands

Karunesh likes this.
    Karunesh

Karunesh Applicant

Hi
    geegee
    Where about is your subway

geegee

geegee Applicant

northampton

paulgreen007

paulgreen007 Applicant

geegee, I'd like to talk to you. I can't DM you as I've only just joined. Can you DM me please

geegee

geegee Applicant

just sent you a message, not sure if it will hence my post here.... you want to know about subway or want to buy one? google subway northampton nn1 4ae and ring after 6pm if you want to talk about buying this sub

paulgreen007

paulgreen007 Applicant

Thank you, have just dropped you an email