1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Any money in the computer repair businesses?

Discussion in 'Business Advice for Start-ups' started by RentalTablets, Oct 30, 2012.

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

The bit that caught my eye was £14.99 for windows updates.

Conker

Conker Applicant

With regards to the windows upset thing, of they can do it themselves, they don't go ahead.

That is one of the most uncommon service people go ahead with, I believe only about 5 a month..

ISS

ISS Son of Victor Meldrew Premium Member

Fair enough. I like your model Conker and I'm certainly not going to put you down for making a profit mate.

FYI I sold my retail computer business in 2001.

headlineplus

headlineplus Applicant

I have seen more and more computer repair shops open. A lot of them are offering more services than just repair, some of them are also offering web design as well as building custom computers.

Lewis Barham

Lewis Barham Applicant

To update everyone on the current market opportunity. I would say with all the buzz around cyber security. There's a tremendous opportunity to provide cyber solutions to professionals and SMEs who may be potential targets. This solution can be a managed service so income is more predictable than the break-fix model of IT support.

Globalnettech

Globalnettech Applicant

We are having a workstation and Laptop rental and repair company in India. Globalnettech is suited to cater the rental needs of the client company wherever they are.Nowa days professionals in every industry are reaping the rewards of virtual desktops powered by NVIDIA GRID technology in the data center. So we introduced NVIDIA GRID solutions in our company and our company is growing constantly.We rent and repair high performance computing solutions for the professional mark. We are offering IT services to the other companies around us ,So we have a good reputation and we are doing well in this field.

thelegalstop

thelegalstop Senior Lab Tech

I think there's still some room for a local shop that provides a good service for hardware repair and data recovery. Whilst lots of people can handle (or think they can!) the software issues, or at least look it up online, hardware may be more difficult