1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Another BBC Spoof Article

Discussion in 'Humour' started by Duncan, Apr 21, 2014.

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPw1FCcndUg]The Brick Wall and Maronzio Vance Uncut Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

cjd

cjd Junior Lab Tech

So you now accept that crime has fallen. Well it's progress of sorts.

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

LOL talking on behalf of me of all people.

Let me know where you want me to send the forum arsehole award because you're trumping my performance earlier in the week.

Are you sure crime is falling? Or just the crime nobody cares about?

From 4 days ago

Humberside PCC Matthew Grove: Rising crime is 'not a mark of failure' | Hull Daily Mail

Stick that in ya pipe and schmokeeeeee it!

Well well well well well. Looks as though you aren't keeping up to date and are relying on out of date info. Thats the problem with surveys, they are only correct at the point they were taken.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...lent-crime-on-increase-England-and-Wales.html.

Even with the evidence above that is only a week old you will still argue until you are blue in the face. Mind you they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks!

Oh one more thing. That pump you are relying on has left out 1 million crimes (thats from an official source)...but Im guessing you know that but have ignored the fact.

cjd

cjd Junior Lab Tech

You do understand that when you're measuring any set of statistics globally and over time that there will be occasions and localities when results are off trend - sometimes it will rain in Hull when it isn't in Paris - or don't you? Or do you really imagine that a spate of garden shed burglaries and no injury assaults in Hull is a real indicator of a permanent change in a well documented global trend over twenty five years?

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

The telegraph article isnt in Hull. You do realise that statistics often dont correlate with the reality of the situation on the ground? Or do you believe everything your government tells you?

I suppose you also believe unemployment has been falling since the year 1066 just because statistics say so?

Do you accept that violent crime is now on the rise? The same sources you quote are now (in the past 9 days) saying violent crime is on the rise and indeed fraud has risen 21%.

Duncan

Duncan Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh yes the year that England fell to France. Remind me when did the French retreat?

We are SO mainland European. Nigel de Farage would be turning in his grave.:lol:

cjd

cjd Junior Lab Tech

Right so we can throw away your Hull example and now look at the Telegraph article.

As I have now explained to you now three times, the crime survey results are not produced by the government - they're by an independent organisation and are considered reliable, particularly when analysing trends.

Secondly, the crime reduction is global, not confined to the UK. So yes, I do accept the results because, without evidence to justify denying them it would be irrational not to.

Thirdly, you now wish to use the same statistics that you say you don't believe from the people you say are corrupt and lying about the decline to make a case for a rise in crime. Now how does that work?

The figures that have shown the increase are those reported by the police - which we know are wrong because they've been investigated and shown to be wrong - the increase is more than likely due to them getting their act together. As the article says, the Crime Survey numbers are still showing a decline.

The rise of 1% in violent crime shown by the police numbers is after falling by about 3% per annum for the last ten years. The rise is 'unexpected' but likely to be because of an increase in the reporting and prosecution of domestic violence offences - this is because those offences have been targeted and almost all are now prosecuted whereas in the past the police tended to regard them a purely 'domestics'. I would expect this to continue as women - it's almost all women - get more confidence in reporting them.

So what we have is a small increase in one figure in an unreliable police report which is contradicted by the more reliable crime survey report and all other global trends.

So no, I do not accept that this shows a global and permanent increase in crime rates and neither do you.

LordLoveRocket

LordLoveRocket Guest

Crime reduction is global. 200 odd countries but Im not seeing much evidence to support this. You fancy going on a short break to Nigeria with me?

Do you talk to your wife like this - tell her how she thinks?

Now you mention domestic violence, 'likely' where is the evidence because this seems to be just your opinion.

cjd

cjd Junior Lab Tech

Yeh, I missed out Somalia too, but luckily we're completely on top of garden shed crime in Hull.

You're obviously finding it hard to keep track of all this. The fall in crime is global and I gave you some evidence half a dozen posts ago.

or you could look at post 1 here, where it says

Well you could start with your own article in the Telegraph, you know, where it says this:

And I could refer you to CPS and police policy documents on improvements to handling domestic violence offences but you obviously not actually interested, you're just trolling. You may have the last word.