1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

Advice please

Discussion in 'Public Relations & Press Releases' started by David Jenkins, Jul 10, 2015.

David Jenkins

David Jenkins Graduate

How would I go abput , and how much would a press release for my business cost? I have only been going for 8 months and need to get out there. All advice will be much appreciated

David

Hitesh Mistry

Hitesh Mistry Freshman

Hello

It varies between cost and the distribution service. I've paid anywhere between £45 and £95 for one.

Check out People Per Hour and perhaps post a job on there.

Other good services are:

http://uk.prweb.com/

Try and reach out to local newspapers too.

In terms of getting out there, check out for local business events that are free to attend. We recently went to StartupBritain who are touring the country at the moment.

Hitesh

BarneyBlue23

BarneyBlue23 Trainee Lab Tech

Hi David

In terms of PR - I don't think it's a good idea to pay for PR.
    A paid advert to me is marketing, not PR and there is a difference.

As Hitesh says above, checking out local business events is a good idea to get your name out there.
    If you can afford to have somebody do you a couple of pieces of PR to submit to local newspaper or online publications that would be a good start, Most PR firms will do these pieces as one offs for you to begin with.

Interact on social media raise awareness about your firm, and what you do.
    Barney

Maevla

Maevla Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Barney - don't pay for advertising thinking you're getting PR. You're just paying for advertising and if you haven't done your research into who you want to reach you can end up throwing money down the drain.

Have you tried calling local schools/colleges. uni's and speaking with their business development person, most places have one now who might be happy to pass on your services?

jeffnev

jeffnev Graduate

I agree there's a big difference between PR and straight up advertising. You can do a lot of PR yourself by just getting out there and trying to whip up a bit of interest in what you do yourself.

I subscribe to a great mailing list which delivers handy PR campaign tips to your inbox every Monday. Take a look if you fancy it:

http://www.vuelio.com/uk/the-monday-pr-club/

David Jenkins

David Jenkins Graduate

Thanks Jeff, I have just signed up to it.