1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Not all business & social networks are the same. UK Business Labs brings people together and makes blogging, networking, discussion and marketing easy and effective. The software is used by tens of millions of people worldwide so it's simple to use too. UK Business Labs integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, WordPress, Tapatalk and countless other social media tools; which enables you to share your content quickly. You'll need to register before you can post but registration and basic membership is absolutely FREE. Click the image above or the 'Register' link to get networking with thousands of other business owners. We're looking forward to welcoming you!

100 ways to promote your website

Discussion in 'Public Relations & Press Releases' started by Mark, Sep 12, 2011.

seo-bod

seo-bod Freshman

20. Submit it manually to all major search engines.

IGM_Computers

IGM_Computers Graduate

There's space for three links on there. Does that mean we can use all three like this? Thanks ;)

Nice people dating likes this.
    Stu_upton

Stu_upton Applicant

21. Get creative with QR codes

jocor

jocor Freshman

22. PPC (pay per click) advertising.

jbarnett

jbarnett Graduate

Certainly - take a look at my own linkedin profile if you get the chance - it gives you a good idea on optimising for Linkedin.

James Barnett - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Stu_upton

Stu_upton Applicant

headshotlondon

headshotlondon Applicant

Write a lot of high quality articles and submit them to high quality article directories

jbarnett

jbarnett Graduate

Bit dubious of this one to be honest.

I still feel that, if you're going to do article marketing it needs to be done through blogs, lenses (Squidoo), hubs and micro-sites.

Google's Panda update doesn't like article directories so I would avoid them. You'll only end up damaging your website's (and company's) reputation.

MGv Solutions

MGv Solutions Applicant

Please help where to find such list with e-mails of persons, living in the rural areas (mainly farmers)

BDW

BDW Guest

Why?

ping

ping Senior Lab Tech

word of mouth - the most effective and reliable way that a company can get its customer base - this form of promotion is also very hard to measure as well as it is to achieve.

Nathan

Nathan Applicant

26. Sponsor an event or local fair.

Think we're on 26?

Matt-in-China

Matt-in-China Applicant

The company I work for used to regularly buy such email contact lists looking for quick increases in sales and suffered similar blacklisting problems. But it took a while to convince the upper echelons of management that slower, organic development of a customer base was the most viable long term option.

jbarnett

jbarnett Graduate

Whilst slower, organic growth is good I still think there is room for customer retention marketing and new business fast growth.

Just take a look at your existing database (every company has one) and utilise it sensibly. It's just a case of identifying how you can best market to your existing database to encourage more footfall / web traffic.

Even if it's a case of giving them the option of forwarding the message on to someone who may be interested - believe it or not I've used this extremely succesfully in B2B campaigns for existing customers and it does encourage new business.

RAD_Software

RAD_Software Freshman

Make use of Schema coding, recognised by Google, Yahoo and Microsoft to improve accuracy of search results - schema.org - Home

Great thread, by the way!

jbarnett

jbarnett Graduate

Fascinating page - I haven't come across Schema before. It's a really interesting way of looking at search engine marketing. My only question is - isn't this classed as black hat if we're adding in additional code to sections of the page to get it to rank higher? I'm not referring to your usual meta descriptions, titles, title tags, alt tags, etc. This is in reference to itemtype / itemscope placed within the DIV layers.

RAD_Software

RAD_Software Freshman

I wouldn't say so. Formally, Schema's main function is to ensure web pages are indexed accurately. It just so happens that if your content-rich page is read more easily, chances are there will be SEO benefits. It all hinges on there being valuable content there in the first place. It isn't gaming the system :)

I think those who attempt the Schema equivalent of keyword stuffing and whatnot will find that they don't make the gains they hope for.

cornishhosting

cornishhosting Freshman

We find Facebook really good we have a normal page with over 2000 and our fan page as over 8000 get more traffic from there than any other,

And we get a lot of customers from word of mouth

MGv Solutions

MGv Solutions Applicant

In general you are right, but it depends also on the products. Our company offers business projects at price of two-day salary, which anyone can afford and they are meant for specific target group (residents in rural areas), which we want to access as fast as possible, because we count on quantity.

jocor

jocor Freshman

Has anyone suggested Twitter, used right it is great for pushing traffic to your site.